Tuesday, March 31, 2020

She seems fine, but still taking Torbie to the vet.

Torbie is acting normally but we decided, given her age, it would be a good idea to take her in anyway.  My vet is closed but there is another, I had their info in case we decided to do that. 

And YES I had all her shots paperwork to prove I am a good, responsible, pet parent.  For some reason the carrier was collapsed so I brought it in to reassemble.  Baby Girl was in my computer chair, took one look at the carrier, and bolted. 

I got it assembled, some treats, and the paperwork in the little compartment.  Tomorrow I will put an old towel in there tomorrow when I load her.  It is the biggest and most comfortable carrier.  It also has a pee channel for scared animals.  Torbie has never peed in the carrier, Cleo did. 

I called Arturo because it's always better to go with a known driver.  The vet has good reviews online so I feel good about taking Torbie.  She is good at the vet, terrible about pills. 

Cleo is the worst at the vet.  It is understandable.  If Cleo ever gets hurt they will have to drug her for the exam. 

But Torbie should be good.  She has gone in for a bladder infection, tumor removal, and shots.  Not all at the same time.  She is a really nice cat and very easy going. 

I tried to take a nap and couldn't, I went out in the garage.  I had some "good" under bed storage boxes that had stuff in them I didn't necessarily want under my bed, so I bought some cheap basic storage boxes, put the stuff in them, and put the "good" boxes under my bed. 

My goal: everything in plastic.  I just don't want to chance another leak, pipe break, flood, whatever and get flooded stuff. 

Oh, and insurance called to tell me they are paying the bill to move my stuff back.  Did I have any other concerns?  Damn, I am getting PLATINUM service.  I said I was very happy and telling everyone about them.  I think that is the best thing I can do, send them more business.  She was happy to hear it. 

Never once has Stillwater made me feel like I had to beg, or even ask twice.  Never.  They have been completely awesome. 

Very happy with them. 

But I couldn't take a nap and Ron was upset about Torbie, so we decided to take her in.  They couldn't really see us today but they could tomorrow morning, and Torbie can certainly wait a few hours.  I mainly want to get her an antibiotic shot.  I think she will be OK otherwise but I'd feel better having that done.  Her age, mainly, has me concerned. 

She is at least 12-15 and that's pretty old for a cat.  I will lose her one day but hopefully not to something stupid. 

Now, I am sure cranky will find something to yell at me for that but we are doing the right thing. 

Ron is laughing listening to the radio so that's good.  He wants to go to the vet he doesn't even go for Baby Girl.  But Torbie spends a lot of time with him and has grown on him.  She loves both of us equally and spends a lot of time sleeping every day, with Ron or in my bed.  She even slept on me in my cot, boy that got crowded with her and Biscuit. 

So I set that up, I forget if I told you but we will take Arturo to that.  I would rather pay more for a known ride, not 100% sure how to do the Pet Ubers yet. 

Oh, I was bored so I looked up the rewards program, signed up, instantly a Platinum.  Well, based on my usage I got that right off the bat, good to know.  Not that I "need" it but it may prove useful one day and I apparently get credits.  Maybe Joe knows more about that. 

But for Torbie I am taking Arturo.  That way I also know we have enough room for the carrier, both me and Ron, and the wheelchair, assuming he goes.  But he was quite concerned all of a sudden, I don't know if he touched it or what. 

And I got the garage organized some more, and the bedroom, happy about that.  It is a little cool outside for my liking but it will warm up. 

I set up the vet appointment for early tomorrow so we can get Torbie done early.  She is a good cat.  I really hope we don't have to do antibiotic pills... she is terrible about taking pills.  Oh, and an allergic reaction to swiffers.  She broke out in horrible raw spots after I used one, once.  Needless to say I threw them all out after that. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to take my dog to the vet today for a scheduled appointment for his shots. I tried for weeks to get an earlier appointment with no luck.

We were not allowed to go in. We had to call them from the parking lot when we arrived and then wait in the car. The technician called us before coming out to get the dog. The vet called us after his exam and told us everything we needed to know. Then the call was transferred to a receptionist who took payment info over the phone. Then the technician brought the dog back to us in the parking lot.

I don't know if your vet will do this, but be aware that it may happen that way and warn Ron (and your driver).

Anonymous said...

So Torbie either got injured because of the drywall being left open OR got injured because you are letting her come and go outside. Yet you refuse to 1. fix the drywall now to stop her from getting injured again and 2. stop letting her outside and the other cats until the catio is fixed and secured and they cannot get out. I wonder how ron would feel if he knew all of this information which I am sure you are not telling him.

Anonymous said...

There is no reason for Ron to go with you to the vet. He needs to stay home.

Heather Knits said...

I called and asked, they are taking cash (what we have). I didn't ask about the rest of it we will see. They have a nice big parking lot if nothing else.

Anonymous said...

Why would you not ask about the rest of it when you were on the phone with them? Once again setting yourself up to fail. There is no reason for ron to go to the vet with you. He never does so why start now with everything that is going on?

Heather Knits said...

Well I have to take her in either way. Worst case I stand around in the parking lot while they treat her indoors, but I didn't get that impression.

Ron knows she likely got hurt outside, we have never seen her in the drywall, only Biscuit.

I will see how he feels about going in an hour, when I wake him up. He made a fair amount of noise last night so likely did not sleep well.

Anonymous said...

This is why the virus is out of control. People like you two.