Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Tuesdays are never easy for me

 So I'm going to vent a little.  

When I got hired no one even told me who my boss was.  No job description.  They threw me at 2 different associates who said Job A is your job.  Then some woman I don't know (who turns out to be my boss) shows up and says Job B is your job, and has, on more than one occasion, told me to, and I QUOTE "Forget about Job A"  

Side note now they are getting in trouble (Team Leads) because of Job A not getting done so now they are on me to do that except of course the boss.  

There are training videos for my job, many of them, apparently, which I was never allowed to watch. Every now and then my boss tells me to do this or that and I do that in addition to what she has told me is the primary job and of course Job A which she continues to tell me to ignore. 

And then of course she gave me a 3 month warning about a month ago, saying if I didn't improve on Job C I would be written up, and I had never been trained on it.  I tried to tell her that but she talked over me and walked off so I left her a note saying "I have never been trained on job C. Teach me and I will do it.  And take it off your hands.  I want to make your life better".  Nothing for weeks.  I was told she read it, though.  

So today all of a sudden she's like "I read your letter and we're going to get you trained, I'm ordering you a work phone (should have had 2 years ago)"  Then she goes on about how I'm NOT going to make her life better doing this job. Like she's angry she has to do her job and train me.

Today I also found her hiding watching and listening to me as I interacted with the customers which I found very offensive. If you want to watch me stand there and do it.  Don't hide. I don't talk about her to anyone.  So it's not like I would have changed my behavior.  

[string of profanity]  

So aside from that today was OK. The pungent guy got on the bus again.  I had a little container with a screw on cap and a hanky with lavender oil.  But he sat in the back this time. 

I had some literature with me from World Missionary Press at work, the Bible study on Romans for one so I read though a couple lessons on that during my lunch.  I am going to keep it in my vest. It gets beat up even kept in a baggie but I think God would rather I feed myself Scripture and go through some booklets vs.not reading at all.  I plan to keep that up. 

Then I got a text that my tracts were in the mailbox so I had something to look forward to. When I got home they were warm from sitting in the mailbox. I got some great tracts on stress, forgiveness, addiction, etc. They are very nice glossy tracts from Bible Tracts, Inc.  I look forward to handing them out. 

Mom and Dad are out of town and having a good time. I assume they will call me sooner or later.  I am glad they're having fun. 

The boss said something about "being there tomorrow night" so hopefully I won't have much time with her tomorrow and that is a really awful thing to say. 

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a miserable human being she is. Her 'real life' must be terrible. Unfortunately, you are paying the price for that.

Anonymous said...

Please consider vocational rehab services. If you were given a three month warning a month ago and your boss is complaining to you about training you, there is a problem. If she is hiding while watching you work, there is a problem. You are on management's radar and not in a good way.

Vocational rehab services on Texas can help you keep your job in the immediate future and help you plan to move into a new job if that is what you want. I looked on their website a little while back and left you a comment about them. There is a self referral option and they can provide services over the phone. I'm sure they need to process some paperwork in order to set up a case for you. Please contact them before the situation at work escalates to disciplinary action.

I know you are a good worker. I just know it. I was a single woman living alone and paying my own way for many, many years. I know how important that job is to keep the bills paid. Your current job situation sound so stressful. And unfair. You deserve better.

Heather Knits said...

She hides and watches everyone I have heard I guess it was my number yesterday. She could have just watched me on the camera but I do talk a lot to my customers so maybe she wanted to hear what I was saying (nothing bad?).

The exact statement was "we're going to look at this in 3 months and if you haven't improved do a write up". But yesterday she admitted I do need training and did some.

And that's the sad thing she has a long term marriage, 3 adult kids, a grand son. A house. Lots to be grateful for.

She is also not consistent. She will make a rule and break it, make a different rule, go back to first rule. But she is apparently meeting her performance standards so upper management isn't worried.

Yesterday she was complaining of a severe headache and dizziness; she has high blood pressure and I remember thinking "She's going to have a stroke". She did not but I did get out of there as fast as I could.