Monday, July 10, 2023

Not sorry I did it

 When I get home I will get into the "parking wars" I have had with my neighbor who feels entitled to use my parking, including my driveway, at his own whim "because I need it". 

His son is about 20 and had parked blocking my driveway last night.  Especially aggravating the spot in front of my house (I don't care if anyone uses that), the spots across the street, etc, all EMPTY.  So he blocked my driveway completely. 

If you have read me for a while you know I was smoking mad. I went out there and looked to see if maybe he was just idling it.  No one in the car. I went back in the house and wrote a note BLOCK MY DRIVEWAY AGAIN AND I WILL HAVE YOU TOWED, and left it on his windshield.  

I am entitled to have someone towed if they are blocking my driveway, and I'm not talking a foot or two but the whole length of the car.  I looked out 5 minutes later and he was gone!  

Hopefully he got the message. I will get some tow truck numbers just in case. The father has this communist attitude that he can "have" my parking/property if I don't appear to "need" it, in spite of the fact I have cars coming and going all the time picking me up and dropping me off. For some reason,he feels, and has taught his kids, that my house is community property and they can do whatever on it.  I asked the kids and they basically said they are respectful of everyone's property but mine. 

Again long time readers will remember some of my rants on the subject. 

That's it for now.  If the father comes by to whine I will say "You are not paying to live here" and shut the door. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with your note telling them that you will have their car towed if they block your driveway. Just because you don't own a car doesn't give anyone the right to park in your driveway or block your driveway. Now to the left and right of the driveway may be fair game. Not sure how that works for a homeowner. So you are in the right on this one 100%.

Heather Knits said...

Exactly. Left side there is a spot in front of my house. Open last night. I am fine with anyone using that. Since I have a zero lot line the right side of the driveway is the property line. I don't care what they do there. But car 90% in front of driveway blocking ALL access I have issues. Especially when there was plenty of other nearby parking. I felt if I let this go they would be parking IN my driveway before long.

Anonymous said...

"I felt if I let this go they would be parking IN my driveway before long." I totally agree with this assessment. Creating boundaries with neighbors is very important. Give an inch to be nice and soon they take the whole driveway. What's next they take over bedrooms in your house because you are only one person and have two whole extra bedrooms? LOL. I can see some people doing exactly that.

Anonymous said...

What? You have enough of a social relationship with the children that they have told you directly that they respect everyone's property but yours?

How many of the children said this to you? How did you respond?

Heather Knits said...

I will try to keep this short. Kids were throwing ball over the fence "coming to get it" and then spending half an hour playing in my yard. I told them they couldn't come over any more. They began ringing my doorbell late at night demanding I get their ball.

One night I had enough and asked them what they did if the ball went over the other fences adjoining their yard. "We wait for them to throw it back" they replied there were about 4 of them on my porch at the time.

"That's OUR deal now" I said and suddenly no more ball in my yard. There are 6 kids total ranging from about 7 years old up to over 20. Mom also has an illegal daycare I see the Moms bringing the babies every morning.

I was not fond of the kids even before I caught them abusing Cleo 4 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see. Frustrating, but the ball nonsense stopped.

With six kids and a daycare next door, I think it could be way worse. My neighbor has three kids and I have had the stop playing in my yard, stop throwing stuff in my yard, stop hitting my trees with sticks, and stop taking shortcuts through my yard conversations with the kids and their parents. They stay out now, but as they get older, I'm sure something else will come up. I maintain a friendly relationship with them. They are good parents who are doing their best. The kids are good kids, but they are kids and they could probably use a bit more supervision. I try my hardest to love my neighbors as myself. It is sometimes a struggle.