Saturday, July 22, 2023

My yard guy appears to be ghosting me

 Or is very, very, late.  I haven't decided. 

I did my end of things but I guess he didn't want the money.  

I take after my Dad in that I am very punctual and have always taken GREAT pride in arriving early everywhere I go, even on the bus.  When I arrange for a ride TO work I always say pick me up an hour before (and sometimes Ace does run late as he has a thriving cab business and deals with traffic), and always let them know to come a little later than I'm off so they don't have to wait on me.  So I wait on them not vice versa.  

But today I am waiting.  It reminds me of Ron's family promising to bring the baby photos "We are coming at such and such a time" and they never did, again and again.  I get Ron, the soul, one day so I am not stressing over baby photos but it is sad. And I guess they can feel like they did right by Ron if they look at his photos (I sent many, many, photos to his mother over the years) and see "how happy he was" (direct quote from a nephew after Ron's death 'He looks so happy in all the photos with you").  I guess I will have to find another yard guy.  I have a couple of cards around here somewhere.  

I am not too keen on using Angie's list again as the last contractor drove his truck on my grass repeatedly and likely weakened my pipe, which broke a few weeks later.  Two different plumbers said driving over it would have done irreversible damage. But I will find someone.  I think I have some more cards stuck on the door somewhere.  They got left on the door and I kept them. 

I am fine with that sort of sales by the way. 

Yeah it's 45 minutes after he said he'd come.  He's not coming. 

That's it for now (the headache is better). 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A yard guy is a luxury, I'm curious why you don't do it?
And how much is the fee?
In Michigan we have snow on top of mowing our yards. I imagine in Texas there is no yard care needed in the winter?

Heather Knits said...

Well I have a volunteer guy comes out does the mowing and leaves in the fall. He just does that for the love of Jesus/help the widow thing he told us years ago he would take care of us and has kept that up after Ron's death. I am thrilled about that. He changed his number though so I can't contact him, he just comes on his own schedule.

This issue is a large dead jasmine vine going up the side of my house, the freeze killed it and the HOA wants it down. I don't do ladders; don't HAVE a ladder so a guy quoted me $50 to do that and a branch hanging over the roof. That's the guy who flaked on me. The vine goes all the way up to the roof about 20 feet. Someone needs to get on a ladder and cut/pull down off the trellis and side of house. I have a corner of the backyard for yard waste so the vine can go there as far as I care.

In TX a lot of times the affluent homeowner will have annual ryegrass seeded so the yard is still green in the winter and needs mowing. In my yard I have bermuda grass so it just goes dormant until spring. The ash tree out front drops a lot of leaves but volunteer yard guy does one big push around Thanksgiving and cleans it all out.

God bless that wonderful man.