Tuesday, July 4, 2023

So let me set the scene for you

 I had a long, 2 hour ride home on the bus.  The only friendly face was the slow guy I think of as "Buddy".  He calls me "Friend" because he can't remember my name and that is fine. 

The last bus driver is a VERY nice man but ALWAYS misses my stop.  I had to holler for him to stop. There was a drunk homeless man on the bus who reminded me greatly of Ron so that was disheartening.  I walked home to the smell of BBQ hamburgers and the sound of families playing. 

I get to my street and every house on the block, save mine, is packed full of cars everyone is having a party. I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE.  Except me of course because I'm the crazy cat lady widow.  I come home and the cats are under the bed of course.  Because everyone is setting off fireworks already.  

I call my aunt to tell her I'm home.  Voicemail.  I call my Dad for our nightly chat. Voicemail, then a text they are busy and will call me later.  

So I'm sitting at home really glad I have a friend in Jesus!  Because that's it tonight!  

PS I heard the ice cream truck walking home, if he comes by I might get something.  

No comments: