Sunday, July 30, 2023

I got tired of hiding it so I told Facebook Ron had Alzheimer's.

 I don't regret that.  

Then I decided to do something kind for myself. 

Yesterday I was struck at the beautiful, clean, meat department at the grocery store.  It is a real old fashioned counter with a real butcher.  Prices are very reasonable and they had nice things like cut up raw chicken breast that would be perfect in a wok for my stir fry. 

I adore sausage in all forms and they had a selection of gorgeous link sausages.  I had $7 left so I bought half a pound of the mild Bo Jackson link sausage and a small bag of the Takis cheddar.  I took the sausage out today and admired it, it smelled divinely smoky even through the plastic.  I decided to cook it.  

Now the directions said to boil in water but I prefer to slice it in coins and then fry in my iron skillet. I've done it that way as long as I remember. I cooked the whole half pound.  

It is without a doubt the best link sausage I have had in my life.  I am DEFINITELY going to that store after I get paid.  I prefer a real meat counter even if I have to pay a little and, like I told the guy, on a keto diet I can eat anything in there. They had beautiful stew meats, the chicken breast which I really liked, roasts...

At least one reader was wondering what it would take to get me back on a low carb eating plan again.  I think I found it.  

I saved most of it for tomorrow's lunch (won't that be a good lunch?  With some cheese?), but ate some with some cheese melts.  My version of a cheese melt is a handful of shredded Mexican cheese blend on a corn tortilla nuked in the microwave for 35 seconds and then folded over.  Tasty and fast. 

Took my pills, too, even though it's a little early I figure it can't hurt. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: