Friday, July 28, 2023

Made it to Friday

 Wednesday I got some tracts.  Fellowship tract league couldn't do my whole order but they sent me about 10 of each of the 4 tracts I requested.  I really liked "God's last name is not Damn" and the one with the black man on it. Safe to say 80% of my recipients are black so it seemed appropriate.  

Yesterday, all day, most of the night, had a terrible drilling migraine.  I was not queasy or vomiting but other than that I was sick. I ate a donut. I took Excedrin. I ate some of the candy I hand out.  I almost fell asleep in spite of the caffeine. I took more Excedrin.  It was awful.  I finally managed to knock it back with a couple of diet Dews and the Excedrin.  It came back 4 hours later, this time as a drilling pain at the base of my skull and those are always bad. Side of the head ones I can do but the base of the skull doesn't play.  So I took more Excedrin and that helped. 

Amazingly this did not keep me up last night, but I made a small mistake last night which I fixed. My boss won't know so it doesn't matter. 

I did snap at one employee.  We keep hand lotion (I don't bring it someone else brings the really fancy $20 a bottle stuff) near where I keep the candy and I was working over there. Someone came up and applied some lotion which is very heavily fragranced and cut me like a knife. Then she started whining about the jelly beans.  

I get a pinata mix by Tueni from my low cost grocery store.  It is $20 for 10 pounds and a bag lasts me about a week and a half.  It has fruit chews, like a "Starburst", gum, lollipops, and small bags of jelly beans.  One of my bosses is addicted to the jelly beans but the mix I've been getting has had a good amount lately.  The critical boss likes "The fruity ones" but they are all fruity so not sure which one it is. Anyway this girl was whining "Where are the jelly beans when are you going to buy some?"  

I told her "They come in a mix, that's all I've got".  And she stomped off.  It's a gift, not an obligation.  I don't HAVE to bring candy at all.  I have been told they miss me on my days off and everyone comes by looking for candy. Good. Anyone can do this and I have told enough people where I buy it. 

One guy came by with some peppermints a while back and that was a lot of fun having someone bring ME candy.  

Anyway I could have been nicer but I was really struggling. I managed to complete the job functions. I didn't go above and beyond but I checked the boxes.  

Jack got me after work. 

I had called the HOA yesterday morning and asked for "more time" on the dead vine so they gave me that,especially when I explained I had an air conditioner repair that set me back. I told him I had also hired a guy who never showed which is all true.  

I had left messages back and forth with Doc who said he could do refills for me if I made another appointment (phone).  So yesterday I made the phone appointment and he sent in the refill.  My pharmacy (at work) had them ready before I clocked in so I was able to run over and pick them up.  

I like to do "the copay" which may not be allowed but they let me do it, I think because I am an employee.  I ring up the medicine and then I have them ring up a bag of Snickers fun size.  Then I pay and have them staple the receipt to the bag of candy and share it around.  They are always happy to see me coming; normally I get a 3 month refill so it's not often.  But this month they will get me twice.  

Of course the pharmacy and I have a secret, my condition.  They know that would be very juicy gossip if it got out but they respect my privacy and the HIPPA laws.  But we kind of grin at each other around this knowing it would be very hot gossip. That reminds me I need to take my pills out of the bag.  A bottle of lithium falls out someone is going to figure it out.  

My boss only worked until 4 last night but she stayed late off the clock so we will see what happens today.  She wasn't awful yesterday although she did call me before she left. I do my job well regardless. 

I would like to get started on some of the Handout stuff for tomorrow. That's it for now. 

No comments: