Friday, July 21, 2023

FIXED!

 The office lady (the owner's wife) called me about a quarter after 7.  I said I was ready to go. She sent them and they got here about half an hour later.  

He asked where the "knucklehead husband of mine" was and I told him Ron's with Jesus, he asked what the problem was and I described it.  I had to be good at explaining problems with the vending business because if I wasn't clear it would be an extra trip to bring the right part.  

He went uh-huh and went out back, had it going in 10-15 minutes.  Charged me $200. The house is my preferred temperature of 82 right now I am very happy. 

Biscuit did his usual contractor thing: growling when the van pulled in my driveway and then hiding under the bed. Spotty will be thrilled when he comes home he has taken this hard.  

The repairman also said I can leave him a key hidden and he can do the work if my boss won't let me off again to get something fixed.  You can say a lot about Ron as a husband but as a boss he would have demanded I take the day off with pay to get my air fixed.  

I was thinking about a Bible passage; in the old Testament.  Let me set the scene.  An enemy king has come to destroy Israel.  Now read this: 2 Kings chapter 19

Note how he spread out the letter before the Lord and said "God I know you have this".  That's what I did with the air conditioner problem.  

And He honored that.  My system is 22 years old.  It is unheard of a system to last this long.  

Thank you, Jesus.  

And thanks to everyone who prayed.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay and praises to God. To the faithful He will show Himself faithful. Hope Spotty comes home soon and is nice and cool. How did Cleo make out?

Heather Knits said...

I haven't seen her she is probably out back or under the bed, she doesn't go far but is very fearful of strangers.

The house is perfect at 82. I remembered to turn on the floor fan and point it at the thermostat, an old Ron trick to keep the Ac from running all the time. It works. It has turned off and on several times since the repair so I think we are good.

Heather Knits said...

She came in meowing right before I left for work. 💕

Anonymous said...

Glad it was an easy fix.