Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday morning

 I had a lot of fun dragging those shoes home on the bus.   The first bus I take after work is always packed and I had a large bag of shoes in addition to my evangelism bag and my backpack.  I managed to find a seat, though.  

I like that first bus driver he is very interested in evangelism and has ordered Scripture booklets (after asking me how) to distribute on his own.  That's great; he can go where I can't.  So yesterday I gave him one of the "Invitation" New Testaments in a bag of candy along with information on how to buy more. He was thrilled. 

I got saved because Dad put a Bible in my hands at church - he had me read it during the sermons.  He just gave me the pew Bible and said "Here, read this".  By the time the church gave me a Bible I had read all of the history books of the Bible and the Gospels.  That gave me a good base when someone did present the gospel when I was about 8.  

Ron got saved because someone said "You haven't read the Bible; you're ignorant, come back and talk to me when you have".  His name was John Woods I believe.  At any rate Ron was so offended he stole a braille Bible portion (Ephesians to Revelation) and began reading it, repented about halfway through Ephesians and got saved. I have been told Ephesians is a good place to start if you're a Catholic because it talks about God's grace and how we don't deserve it, but are given it anyway.  

If I got to tell someone how to read the Bible I would have them start in Luke and then go to Acts, then Romans.  If it was a New Testament. Once or twice I have suggested that if someone asked. Or I put a tract in Luke.  

So, the shoes. My boss actually told me about the $3 shoes so I went to look on my lunch and found 4 likely contenders. I don't have money to buy the $50 shoes so this is a gift. 





The only problem I had with the ride home; the homeless man sitting in front of me kept picking at his face.  He wasn't able to pop whatever it was thank God but it completely sickened me.  

I was pretty tired when I got home but talked to Mom and Dad, they are good. Dad told me a lot of details of how he is getting rid of the time share and also some issues he had with his Fire stick.  It was enough to reassure me Dad is not facing dementia at this time. That is a relief and I told him that.  

My cranky coworker with the bad back is doing caregiving for her husband which of course brings up issues for me. I am trying to be supportive though.  

I made a couple of cheese melts (a handful of cheese on a tortilla, melted in a microwave and folded over) for dinner that was pretty good, and went to bed.  

I woke up around 11 with a headache so I took something and went back to sleep, had some dreams about a female coworker from Jamaica, woke up around the time the alarm went off but had a headache.  So I got up.  

Spotty is meowing at me right now.  He had been coming home as I left the last few days and was pretty upset about that.  

Biscuit slept with me which was great, he's my boy and I love him.  

I need to do all my usual morning stuff and get going so that's it for now.  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The black velcro shoes are ugly as hell. Both pairs. Not a good look.

Heather Knits said...

You should see what I'm wearing now. LOL

If it is wide and can take some inserts I am happy. I don't care about catching a man or "looking hot" it is very liberating.

I can wear a men's 11 W with a couple of inserts. That's what I'm doing now with my current shoe.

My only question is the 9.5 I may not be able to do an insert in that. I am very fond of the Air Plus blue gel insert.

Anonymous said...

I work at a public uniiversity in Michigan. It's wonderful to see men on the sidewalk with a box of bibles for the students every semester. I pray they can offset the actions of wicked governor whitmer.

Anonymous said...

Must be your parents didn't tell you to shut up if you don't have something good to say. Just because you're online doesn't mean you don't hurt real people.

Heather Knits said...

Are these men married? Give them my phone #! LOL

That is how I would like to meet my future husband, one or both of us doing evangelism.

Anonymous said...

From your lips to God's ear

Anonymous said...

The black Velcro shoes look like basic black shoes to me. Shoes wear out so quickly when you work an active job. Good deal. Glad your boss told you about the clearance.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but I agree those black shoes are ugly. And what a turn of events from your obsession with Beau to now not wanting a man at all. You don't have to dress terrible just to keep potential suitors away from you. That's nuts.

Anonymous said...

She wants a Christian man. Did you miss that?

Heather Knits said...

I do. A man who puts God first is going to treat me right. That way everyone wins.

Anonymous said...

Since most christians are fake good luck with that. Your chances of finding another abusive man like Ron who claimed to be a christian but was a verbally abusive, physically abusive, cheating, drunk are pretty high. The church seems to attract these phony christian men and women.

Heather Knits said...

I'll allow this one.

One thing I worry about is the Christian man control freak I have seen a lot of them. I am not interested in that.

While I would like someone to lean on when I'm having hard times I have one Lord and His name is Jesus.

I don't worry so much about the cheating and drunk I think I can screen pretty well for that. If he's a pervert with me he's a pervert; drinking I do worry about some what as my radar on is he drunk isn't always good.

But I would worry about him being an abusive control freak. Ron had a bus driver friend used to report to him how I was dressed and such.