Friday, July 7, 2023

Friday morning

 Well the period is finally better.  I think it helps I remembered back in the day the doctor gave me some Naproxen for the bleeding and it helped a lot; so I had some naproxen from my fall a month ago and I used that. Hardly anything overnight so I think I'm OK.  It is also day 4 generally the heavy stuff is done by now anyway. 

The last couple days have been nuts learning to dump, clean, reinsert the cup in the stall without coming out.  At home I have the whole bathroom to do this and a sink right there but at least at work I just wiped it out with toilet paper and flushed.  I did have to make sure the toilet flushed completely as it looked like a murder scene.  I took it out and washed it 2 x a day at home.  So that worked alright and I will be better next time.  

I got the electric bill last night $140 that is not bad considering how much it was running. I also paid the credit card.  I slept pretty well last night.  

I also got a surprise goody box from a secret pal.  It had some lanterns and a nice flashlight.  No note but a lot of people have my address.  

I got soaked 3 times on my way to work; standing outside my second bus stop, at the transit center, and also at work when I got off the bus and had to run across the parking lot. A man in a pickup offered me a ride and I kept thinking "That is how the episode starts on 'Criminal Minds'".  I said no of course but I did give him a bag of candy with a booklet.  The rain was pretty bad coming down sideways.  

It surprised me and I am going to be mean for a minute.  Everyone at the transit center was a bunch of sissies whining and crying, screaming when the rain touched them, jumping up on top of the bench so their feet wouldn't get wet (it was blowing sideways into the shelters).  It was a warm rain.  Everyone (save the homeless woman) all had a shower that morning I am sure this is no different.  I had the Bibles wrapped up and my "Fruit of the Loom Purple Grapes" poncho on so my cell phone and stun gun were dry.  I was also wearing water-resistant shoes.  

I will do the same today (I never unwrapped the Bibles, God's word is not chained but it can be wrapped in plastic!) because rain is also forecast. I don't mind a little rain. I like having $20 in MY pocket.  I love my drivers but I want to save them for those early mornings and late nights, not the middle of the day 'because rain". My only thing I don't like crossing the street if the rain is heavy. 

When I got home there was a box on the porch. My first thought was "Bibles".  But when I picked it up it was light. I went in the house and opened it. It was some nice stuff from a board member (not Jesus related). No note but a name and address on the box.  I did leave a note on the board so he will see I appreciated it.  After I took the stuff out Biscuit went nuts investigating the box and got in it for a few hours.  I thought that was really cute.  

That's it for now. Likely another post before I leave the house. 

No comments: