Tuesday, July 4, 2023

So my stomach does feel better

 It was the soda. 

My fellow worker came in at 3 very bad tempered mood shouted at me for 55 minutes, was nice to me for 5. But by then I had a nasty headache so I did drink 2 cans of soda on my break (diet).  But 2 cans vs. 3+ liters I will take it.  

And my stomach is better. I had a small order of potato wedges and a small mac and cheese (cost about $3) on my lunch, ate about half the potatoes, saw Oscar walk by (he likes to eat) asked him if he would like some "Papas fritas" and he said yes so I gave him the rest.  I like feeding people.  And that all settled nicely. 

It was mayhem of course at work as you'd expect.  I was thinking about old time feast days in the Bible and how people still had to work on feast days even if it was just meal prep or slaughtering the sacrifice, baking, etc. It made me feel better.  

I was OK working but it was depressing coming home to an empty house.  

BUT I found a tract at work. It was from Bible Tracts, Inc.  It was in Spanish but it was 95% Bible verses and I could understand it was a "good" tract from the little Spanish I do grasp. So I left the tract at the bus stop.  

I may be brain damaged but I know that would be my job if they caught me handing out tracts at work.  

But at the bus stop I'm clear.  Once I got on the bus I ordered some tracts.  They will call me and confirm my ministry before sending them (free) which is fine. I am always happy to talk about the Handouts. 

I had a pretty uneventful ride home except for the belligerent drunk homeless man. He was as filthy as I've seen a person but surprisingly he didn't reek. And the bus driver, God love him, very sweet but he ALWAYS passes my stop.  

I need to figure out dinner.  That's it for now.  

But the tract thing did cheer me tremendously.  It is nice to know there are other people out there who care about souls.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to standing up for yourself? Why did you let this person shout at you for 55 minutes?

Heather Knits said...

Short version I feel sorry for her; much like my boss. I am their safe space. They can come shriek at me for a while and they always seem to walk away feeling better.

So there is that. And also in OLD parlance "I am OK" I know it's not me they are just not coping.

Anonymous said...

It's not your job to let someone yell at you like that. That is not creating boundaries and it gave you a headache. WTF? One step forward 10 steps back it seems.

Heather Knits said...

Well this morning upper management read my supervisor the riot act. IN FRONT OF ME over something stupid. It was very embarrassing for me and for her. She kept looking at me and I pretended to be deaf. It was a very humiliating thing to do.

It's just the whole culture people yelling at each other. I'm not going to fix that with "boundaries". If it gets out of line like it did the other day I will say something.

Heather Knits said...

Yesterday morning

Anonymous said...

So much for your progress. Letting a coworker yell at you for almost an hour is unacceptable. Please get a backbone. And I don't care if that's the "culture" at Walmart. It is wrong and you do not have to take part in being abused in that way. It will just make it "normal" to you should you meet another man to date. And you might say you wouldn't put up with it but you will because you are putting up with this "b" at work and letting her treat you like this.

Heather Knits said...

She reminds me a lot of Ron. Can't say more.

Anonymous said...

"She reminds me a lot of Ron." So a female version of Ron that you are letting verbally abuse you. No surprise there. This woman is not your friend she is a co-worker. Tell her to f-k off and stop telling you about her problems because it is not your problem.

" They can come shriek at me for a while and they always seem to walk away feeling better. " And how do you feel? Does it bring back warm and fuzzy feelings from your time with Ron? Is that why you are allowing it? Have some respect for yourself. I am begging you.

Heather Knits said...

She was injured at Walmart not her fault and in a lot of pain. They let her shout at people and come in late, etc. I have empathy for her just like I do for the difficult boss. I don't take that stuff personally. Today I was cursed out by 2 people today just another day in a blue vest. They were customers.