Friday, July 21, 2023

Please God let it be fixed today

 Last night after work I bought some drinks and things. I got some Gatorades, Powerade, a case of water, and a Monster for the  repairmen.  I figure some drink will appeal. I also put some waters in the freezer; they can have a to-go bag too. 

Work was pretty crazy but I got it done.  I had some difficult customer encounters.  They seem to think I am out to GET them just because I wear a blue vest. That is not the case of course I have always had the attitude they are putting money in my pocket. But they were pretty awful.  

One question I get a lot from the seniors involves the grocery delivery service.  They want to call a phone number and tell someone what they want, then get the groceries delivered.  I have to tell them it doesn't work that way you have to set up an account online and use a computer or your phone to make the order. And one lady was shouting at me last night that I and the store are trying to "trick" her into using a computer. 

I thought "The community center has computer classes and they would love to teach you how to do this" but she had stormed off. 

I had a problem on my lunch that makes the store look bad so I cannot blog about it per an agreement I signed when I got hired. But check those sell by dates! 

So I got some lunch meat and the drinks, a gallon of milk, came home.  It was miserably hot and oppressive.  I opened a window and put a fan in it so I could get some circulation. 

Took my shower, got dressed, repair guys called and on the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of about 35 years ago I went to buy some hot dogs and I was looking for the date. The price stickers were all covering the dates, so I picked one off to discover the EXPIRED date.

Heather Knits said...

Oh ghastly!

I will do a blog on me, Ron, and food that went bad.