Saturday, July 15, 2023

Saturday afternoon

 I did my God Time and left the house for the grocery store. I ride down one stop cross at a light, and then ride up to the grocery store.  

Last night one of my drivers did not want the "snack" (the tuna pouch, etc) and I happened to pull that out of my bag as the bus approached so I gave it to the driver.  He was very happy and said he hoped he saw me again, I assured him he would.  I ride that route a lot. 

I had the cart with the sign on it and a man came running up asking about it. I showed him what I had and we talked a little about the Handouts. He gave me his testimony which included moving thousands of miles for a woman he met online who later turned out to be "crazy". He was homeless for a while but has an apartment and a good job now. He said he is also an inventor but I am skeptical about that. Anyway he got so excited hearing about the Handouts (he is saved) he gave me a side hug and I gave him one of my last Bible Promise books.  

The bus came and I got off at the grocery store (I later got the same driver again).  I did my shopping and one thing I love about this store, I will not name it because it is too close to my house, they always have all the checkouts open.  I got a really nice checker who was delighted to get the candy. 

When I grocery shop I always get a snack for the driver, today it was a store brand "Coke", a bag of roasted peanuts, a banana out of my bunch, etc. The driver was thrilled to get it when he got me. 

I came home and put it all away.  

I called the A/C guy and his wife? answered and said he is very busy which is EXACTLY what I would expect to hear. But they could work me in early Friday so I will do that, I will just pay for a ride to work.   She was very nice but obviously working to death, the two of them. 

And if I am late Friday that is just too bad.  What kind of boss says "You can only fix your AC on your day off?"  It's my AIR.  [shaking my head]  I have taken ONE day off work in two and a half years.  

I am debating cleaning the house now or doing it later when it is cooler.  My thermostat is pegged out over 90 degrees in the house right now.  I have a couple big fans going so the house is OK. It's not fun but I can live with it. 

I also need to do laundry. 

That's it for now. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use your ppto if you have any accumulated if not can use pto to save getting a point

Heather Knits said...

If I call in late that is half a point right? I would still come in, just later.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you try to get someone to swap a shift with you? Didn't your boss say that would be fine?


I hope your repair guy is prompt and the job goes smoothly.

Heather Knits said...

I honestly don't think the job will take that long. If I'm "first" I should be fine.