Friday, July 14, 2023

There's a reason I didn't post when I got home.

 So I got out of there, came home,and the house was 87 degrees. My air is out. The fan blows just not cold. So I am thinking I get paid Wednesday and I will get some cash and see him Thursday. He must need a Bible. Ron and I used this company for a good 15 years so I know they do good work and they will not hose me. I would rather my AC work but if this is necessary for Kingdom Work to happen I'm fine with that. 

Some of my family hail from the desert and we aren't as bothered by the heat. I am generally "fine" when people around me are complaining. So I think I will be OK. I have the whole house fan blowing right now and will turn that off in a little bit.  

Spiritual warfare! 

And honestly it has been at least 5 years since anyone had to come out for the air I think that's a pretty good run. The system is over 20 years old; if, in the unlikely event the whole system goes I would just get a window unit for my bedroom and live with that. Like I said, the heat doesn't bother me as much. 

I am sure the boss will give me a day off to get this fixed.  So enough on that.  

The cats are OK.  I am thinking to do some cleaning tomorrow and get the place looking OK for the repairman. They notice stuff like that. Someone who is "tidy" gets better treatment I am sure. 

Today really is my Friday. That will be nice. It is funny when I sleep in on Saturday I always get up between 5-7 you would think it would be later. 

So yesterday I had the JW's come right before I left for work.   Then the guy from the water district came with the cutoff notice and I was very glad the JW's did not see that.  I forgot to bring my "snacks" for the drivers but I did bring cold bottles of water which I need to do again. 

So I got the notice as I was leaving I grabbed my "big" limit card which is an Amex. I have a smaller card but that didn't have enough left on it. And the debit card only had $40 which was not enough.  

I got to the first but stop, caught the bus, walked to the second bus stop, called the water company (very noisy standing by the road) and they said they didn't take Amex. So I figured I would go back home and raid my ride money and put that in my debit account and use that.  

But I needed a ride so Jack came. I got the cash and then we went to the local grocery to see if they could take a payment.  They did not but I gave her a tract with some candy.  I had called my aunt about moving some money from savings to checking and she did that so I could go straight to work.  I was very early, though.  I paid the bill and waited for a while before work. I passed out the cold water to my coworkers that was a big hit. 

Then of course work. My boss was there until 8 but they had her busy doing other things so she wasn't around much. 

Today I plan to bring the little lunch things I like to do up on Thursday and Friday, a tuna or chicken pouch, some candy, a tract, a spork, a bottle of water. I also need to retire my backpack it is starting to rip. I am really hard on hand carts and backpacks none live long around me.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: