Sunday, July 23, 2023

I slept great last night

 It is sure nice to have the air back. I woke up at 4:30 (went to bed early) so I just got up and did my God Time.  That went fine.  I am a little dizzy now I am sure that is my anti depressant. 

I had a little trouble with depression a few weeks ago but very minor compared to my usual ones.  I already did up some Bibles I'm taking (have the sign on my cart) so I will be going to 2 grocery stores.  My store did not have my cat food so I need to figure out what I'm doing with that.  I will check at the Kroger because I know the other store will not have it. 

I just need to eat something and take my shower. Did that.  Went out.  

Pretty uneventful trip to the bus stop but realized oops I had forgotten my cell phone.  Bus pass or wallet I'd have gone back.  

I went to the Kroger first.  They have the best vegetables and have a salad blend "power greens" I like it is greens that can be cooked or eaten raw.  And they last a long time too. I plan to eat a big salad for dinner from now on.  

They had some discount meat but I have a roast chicken in the fridge I need to eat.  I did get some lunch meat. 

AND they had my cat food.  Work did not; but Kroger did.  I paid $2 more for it if you count the "lost" discount; but Biscuit will DIE if he doesn't get this. So I was quite happy to ante up. 

I also like the 7# bag better than the 22. I worry the big bag gets stale. 

I left and saw something right down from the bus stop.  Now, 2 times I did a Bible Handout in Acres Homes which is south of the Kroger, and when I rode by on the bus a large group of people (both times and today) were outside holding signs saying "Honk if you Love Jesus!" and "Stop for 1 minute prayer!"  I was very impressed of course and went over with the cart (Free Bibles signs in 2 languages mounted on front and side) and wearing the Free Bibles hat (if I'm not working I'm in the hat).  They checked me out as I told them I thought they were doing a great thing and we had a little mutual admiration going for a minute as I asked them to pray for my recipients. They gave me a business card.  

When I got home I looked them up and they are Pentecostal.  I am a Presbyterian I can't emphasize how uptight I am when it comes to prayer and worship. So that wouldn't be a good fit but it was a shame. They weren't far, either. I will be praying for them I believe their hearts are in the right place but I'm just not made for that. 

I'll make an utter ass of myself handing out Bibles and stick my neck out every day in bad neighborhoods, but speaking in tongues?  Nope. 

After the Kroger I went to the low cost grocery near my home; the kind of place that has wheel locks on the shopping carts to deter theft.  I got milk, soy milk (I like to put half of each in a glass), cheese, candy mix to hand out, etc.  

I took a chance and bought a snickers bar and a cold soda for my last driver, I think it was OK by the time she got there. She was the same driver who dropped me and said she was "OK" and "didn't need anything" until I said the magic word "Snickers" then she SNATCHED that bag out of my hand!  I had to laugh!  

I got home OK glad I had the cart as the gallon of milk and half gallon of soy milk, plus 10 pounds mixed candy, etc. made for a weighty load.  

Now I'm going to take a nap.  

I need to find some evangelical Presbyterians.  

No comments: