Monday, July 17, 2023

The rest of Monday

 I wasn't sure how the day would go, I was going out to catch literally the first bus of the day.  There were 2 other people at the stop, one of whom appeared homeless but did have the proper cash fare.  I'm not sure where he holes up.  It was very dark.  One of the other guys used his cell phone flashlight feature and waved it around, the bus stopped.  I don't want to use my phone that way because I might drop it but I will bring a small flashlight tomorrow.  

First driver had never met me before, baffled I gave her something but she took it. Second driver also baffled but he took it as well; I've never had them before I can tell.  Third bus was a driver I know well she was happy to see me.  

I got to work at 7:30.  I was told the difficult boss would not be there but she was.  She was difficult.  And I am worried about her she keeps talking about feeling run-down, dizzy, headaches, and has told me in the past she has high blood pressure - that's not a good combination with a high stress job. If you feel inclined I am certain she could use prayer.  I am worried she is going to have a stroke. She has treated me abominably but no one deserves that. 

I got my lunch OK but had problems logging back in.  The app was acting up and when I restarted my phone it logged me out; I had to log in again. However "Nancy" had fixed my phone so it was easy to do what I needed and log in again. But it looks like I took an extra 2 minutes. I pride myself on taking exactly 60 minutes, not 62. The rest of the day was uneventful.  

When I got outside after work there was a wreck blocking one whole side of the street; it took a while to clear but I made it to my transfer point and actually caught the earlier bus home.  We talked a little and she said the drivers talk about me and "no one calls you crazy". Which I thought was interesting. I told her I want to do a Bible Handout at Berry Road and Airline and she said they need it.  When I got home I had 2 cases of Bible Promise books on the porch.  That was awesome. 

It is hot in the house but not terrible. I haven't seen Cleo or Spotty.  That's it for now. 

No comments: