Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Wednesday morning

 I woke up last night with a sore throat, got up, had some vitamin C powder in water, went back to sleep, woke up about 8.  

I was pretty depressed so I got on the exercise bike for 20 minutes, I figured it would help and it did.  I texted my parents because we had discussed accountability on working out.  So I will see, later, if they went to the gym.  

They have a really good life, gym just a couple of minutes away, lots of clubs and social activities, etc.  Very good for them and I am happy they are doing that.  

I think of Ron holed up in bed listening to his radio... I don't want that end for anyone.  It wasn't an easy couple of years for him at the end.  I was talking to my aunt today and Ron's fear-fueled retreat (he was terrified of the virus) into his room definitely hastened his end, and she didn't argue with me.  So I am happy Mom and Dad are going out, eating good meals, taking walks, etc.  My aunt and uncle are also very active with grand kids, church, taking walks, etc.  And they are in great shape, all of them, for their age.  

So I definitely need to do some time on the exercise bike every day if I want to maintain good health.  

I think I have figured morning is a good time to call my aunt.  That works pretty well when I try it.  I don't really operate that way, have a conversation in the morning, but it is better than not talking at all.  And I see her next week.  

I am sticking on plan.  Today I need to do some dishes and cook: turkey sausage, mild sausage, link sausage, lentils with 3 pepper sausage (not at hot as it sounds).  That should hold me through the work week.  I can't go wrong with protein + fat.  I may also buy some salami at work and put that in my insulated bag.  It is nice and salty, again, protein and fat.  

I have done well on low carb (or "lower carb" in this case) when I have a lot of sausage in my diet.  So I need to roll with that.  

I did my God Time and had a good cuddle with Spotty.  He likes to hang out with me when I do my Bible study.  It is our time together and we have a good time.  Orange cats are more cuddly in my book.  I saw Biscuit and Cleo walked by while I was on the exercise bike, did a double take, and froze.  I sweet talked her for a minute and she was OK but she was scared of me on the bike.  She just wasn't used to the sight.  

I have had her for 3 years I hope I have used the bike in that time!  😂

Ron bought the bike back in 2006, it was used.  It has performed really well.  Pro Form is the brand name.  It cost about $200 and probably another $40 or so to get it delivered.  It has some features I like, heart rate programs that keep it down to a decent level for a moderate workout or more intense for a heavier one.  

I'm going to take a nap; that's it for now.  

No comments: