Sunday, June 12, 2022

Sunday morning

 Well neighbors were quiet and I woke up on my own 8 hours after I went to bed.  So there's, that.  Did wake up with a headache but took some Excedrin.  I use it about 2-3 times a week so not worried about an over use headache.  

There is an ongoing issue with work and I will have to wait until I clock in to see if that will be a problem today.  If it is, it is.  I will just do my job.  It was very busy yesterday.  It was funny one girl likes to complain a lot.  She is always saying she needs these days off or can't work that early, etc.  Why would you put in an availability you can't work?  Good question.  Anyway she is a little bit of a princess and complaining about how busy it was.  We told her "wait until you see back to school" and she didn't believe us.  If we had a pool I would put $5 down on her having a blowup and storming off to quit during a rush, during back to school.  If not hiding in the back somewhere to get away from working (cameras everywhere).  

I do hope I can get my week off coming up.  I have to wait until 3 months ahead of time to apply for the leave, I have the paid time off.  So I need to see if they will give it to me (not back to school).  I will ask -for Monday-Friday Dad can have me out Monday- Thursday and save a little money on the airfare.  The cats ought to be fine.  I may recruit my aunt's friend to come out and feed them a couple of times, not every day but every other day would be great.  Also good for her to meet them as I would want her to take them if something happened to me.  And I trust her with a key, I met her (also all my treasures in heaven, remember the time my house was robbed all they took was my computer).  Anyway we will see.  I do hope they approve it quickly if they are going to approve it.  

So I got up early and weighed myself (206), took the excedrin and had some cold water.  I was talking to Biscuit lying in bed and told him it is funny, I wouldn't necessarily want a new fridge with ice maker but I would love one with the cold water feature.  But then you get into the filter, and plumbing (!) issues so I don't think so.  If someone gave it to me and my old fridge was dead, yeah, but not in a hurry to get rid of my decrepit, working, fridge.  My food is cold and that is all I care about.  He laid in bed with me for about 15 minutes, I was petting him and talking to him, he didn't want to move when I did get up.  It was very cute.  

Before I woke up I had a dream I was given a small black dog that was very sweet, I took it back home (not this home) and Baby Girl and Torbie met me and were very interested in the dog and smelling it in a friendly manner, and I was so surprised they got on so well.  That is the first time I have dreamed about Baby Girl and Torbie since they died.  They were doing well in the dream so that's good.  

I did see Spotty and Cleo but not as much as I did Biscuit.  They all take turns with me.  3 is a good number for cats for me right now.  I feel I can give them all their attention, I can afford their food, etc.  

I need to take my shower but avoiding it.  That is something I always have trouble with depressed and I guess I am a little depressed today.  I have a long day at work but at least I have rides and food to eat on my breaks and lunch.  But I only have today and tomorrow and then 2 days off.  I can do that.  I have tried to be stingy with my money so I have something to spend on my days off but so far all I can think of I "need" is some more of those green tea iced tea bags (very good), and another box of stevia, all of which are both really a dollar at the dollar store.  And then I can use my BK cards if the lobby is open this time.  I may get some more sausage that is a good meal and completely low carb.  I may pull the trigger and buy some Chappel Hill sausage, it is more expensive but you get what you pay for.  I will look today and see what they have.  

Next week (I mean when I get back from my days off) I work 2 nights, Thursday and Friday, and then three, 5 hour shifts through Monday so I can take the bus for most of that.  That will save me some money.  And a 5 hour shift as opposed to the 4 hour one means an extra $12 a day.  That adds up.  Then 3 days off the last time I get that for a while so I really want to enjoy that.  Maybe my aunt will be feeling better by then?  That would be fun but no rush.  I want her 100%.  Dad said she had a good energy level when he talked to her.  I have only been texting as she said she is coughing when she talks.  I am just glad they aren't getting worse.  

Everyone in my family has a chronic condition of some sort, diabetes, heart trouble, lung damage in one of them, all but one are a good weight though so that is really key.  I am obese but I am not diabetic or anything.  Fairly physically active.  I think I will get on the bike again after work that wasn't hard and I slept great after doing it.  I didn't do an intense workout more light-moderate.  It is really important to stay active and it is easy enough to do while talking to Dad anyway.  

It also sets a good example for him.  I tried to make a bargain with him that I would get on the bike every time he got on the treadmill but he didn't bite.  Oh, well, I tried.  He did say he would be using the gym when he goes on vacation this upcoming week so that's great.  He gets up there and reads "The Economist" while walking on the treadmill, it works for him.  

We (Mom, aunt and I) are all worried he will lose mobility and it is a lot harder to get it back vs. keep what you have, as I saw with Ron.  And I did tell Mom to feel free to use Ron as a boogeyman with Dad "You don't want to end up like Ron did" if necessary because Dad saw how feeble Ron got.  And no one wants to end up like that.  He wants to drive, walk around without assistance, help Mom carry groceries in the house, etc.  Worst case I think Dad could get some physical therapy advice on exercises to do every day and various things he could do.  Dad is not interested in a water fitness program although I think it would be great for him.  Ron wouldn't go for the water program either.  I would do it in a second if I had transportation.  

That is one request we get a lot at work, swim caps.  I don't think we sell them.  I direct them to Seasonal if we have them they will be there.  If not there (I don't say this) then maybe Academy Sports. We sell a lot but not everything.  

One thing I have been eyeing are the Mac's Cheddar pork rinds.  They look really good.  I am worried they will not sell them if I, and others, don't buy them and most people want a hot pork rind (I do not!).  So I may get a bag tomorrow at work and try that.  They're only $2 so it can't hurt.  One thing I don't like about pork rinds are the big, hard, pieces as I have bad "chompers".  Front teeth are fine but the back teeth are a mess.  So I will look and try to pick a good bag.  I haven't been wanting a lot of chips lately but it would be nice to have on hand.  I am pretty sure I ovulated a few days ago which means I generally want to eat chicken 😂, and salty food.  And the rinds should be good for a while.  

I really do need to go shower.  My legs are driving me nuts I am going to shave them, too.  

 Well I didn't shave my legs.  I have to wear long jeans for work so it doesn't matter.  Nothing ripped not that I would anyway.  I probably did something wrong, though.  I used my "Whole Blends cocoa butter" shampoo and conditioner which has a nice smell, but not exactly a match for my Irish Spring soap.  So I am clashing there, and I wore unscented deodorant which has proven very useful (Arm and Hammer Ultra Max) in addition to being affordable.  If it can handle me out on the bus for a couple hours in the summer and then working several hours you know it works!  But I will have my hair up when I start work so it won't be too bad.  I bought the shampoo some time ago, they had a set on sale for about $6 and I thought I would try it, it promised "smoothing" which is something I am interested in.  The Fructis has been pretty good but I am always looking.  I would like my hair to look nice when my aunt comes.  

I had a protein shake and logged it.  Took my morning medicine and put the PM stuff in my lunch bag.  I like to take it at work even though it makes me thirsty.  I think my mood has been really level of late especially considering my concerns and that's all I can ask.  When my aunt comes out I will do my blood test and see how that goes.  I am sure my levels are fine but always a good idea to keep an idea on my overall functioning.  I have a friend on dialysis.  

I also logged working for the day (over a thousand calories according to my journal, which helps explain the weight loss), and also carrying my tote bag around the store which has a surprising number of calories.  I just need to get dressed and pack my lunch and then I am good to go.  After work I will change and then do the exercise bike while I talk to Mom and Dad, that is easy enough to do and 2 things at once.  They like to be on speaker which is fun when a cat comes up to me meowing.  I am glad they will be taking a vacation this next week it is really important for them to get out and live it.  And they are.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: