Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday afternoon

Well I got up to the point where I could eat, took a nap, did some texting with my aunt.   I ate some cheese rollups on corn tortillas (still under carb limit) and took my evening medication.  I may make some more tea.  I have a lot of cold water (I fill up and reuse powerade/gatorade bottles) in the fridge so that's good.  It looks hot out, I am glad I already did my outside chores.  I can check the mail in a half hour so I'll do that.  

I plan to do a load of laundry tonight.  I am a little worried about work I forgot something last night and only remembered after I left (nothing that will cost the store money).  I hope I will be OK when I go in Thursday.  And that's all I'll say about that.  

And now nausea, probably from the lithium.  We will see how that resolves apparently cheese roll ups don't work with my medication.  I am still finding this out over a decade later.  

I had a little fake peanut butter maybe that will help.  It did.  

I am tired and depressed, will go to bed early.  


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your carb limit for weight loss?

Heather Knits said...

That is a good question. I lost 50 pounds last year not even trying to do low carb at all. I wasn't buying the emotional support frosting cans. Or the big bag of jumbo chips and eating the whole thing on the couch rotting my brain. I was getting better sleep. Walking more to/from bus stop. Working on my feet. I still ate things like the little pecan pies and all sorts of things like donuts and pastry when out with my aunt, still losing.

Was the stress level THAT BAD when Ron was alive? I don't know. Someone in my caregiver group said 35% of caregivers get a heart attack.

I am trying to keep it around 100 grams of carbs and see where that takes me but it's not rapid this time, not really.

Sorry I can't be more specific. It is important for me to be able to eat a piece of cornbread now and then if I really want it.

Anonymous said...

I get that about the cornbread. I think I'll shoot for 75/80 and not get stressed if I have occasional 100 carb days. It's easier for me to have a 0 carb breakfast so I have more flexibility with lunch and dinner.

Heather Knits said...

I am reading Jenny Ruhl's (Low Carb diets 101) book and she talks about the eating plan you will stick to long term. I could do 10 carbs a day for a while but eventually I would snap and end up worse off.

100 carbs a day I can do long term. And if you find yourself gaining you can modify your macros.

Anonymous said...

I did 10-20 carbs for about 5 years. My hair was starting to fall out, but I was skinny. People told me I was too thin.

Heather Knits said...

Wow! My hair is already thinnish on top from the lithium, has been for a while now...

Anonymous said...

I had about 65 carbs today, I ate a lot of cheese.
I was noticing there's quite a range between "low carb" and "keto".
I just got a whiff of a shopper in the store tonight who was definitely in ketosis. I don't want to smell like that ever again, that was awful.

Heather Knits said...

Exactly! I am in very close contact with a lot of people at work coming up within a foot or two, they're going to smell me if I'm in ketosis and I don't want to get a reputation. Besides I do want my donuts (2) on Saturday morning before work, not willing to give them up (about 75 carbs). I did get some mints just in case.

I did make a big grocery indulgence lately and bought a 2 pound block of Cabot extra sharp cheddar cheese. Years ago I wrote a blog about how good it is and they actually posted a comment thanking me! No, MY pleasure to eat their delicious cheese.