Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Wednesday afternoon

I had a good nap with Biscuit and Cleo, got up with a headache, took something.  Headache is mostly gone.  

Got a call from my aunt which I found unusual: her husband has COVID.  It is at the "home" stage not "hospital" but it is still alarming.  He has had symptoms for a few days but they got bad enough they did a test; and it came back positive in seconds.  

So I may not see them next week; on the selfish point.  On their side of course we are all going to worry he gets worse as he's not a young man.  Positive side he is actually one of the few Texans I know who is an ideal weight, he exercises, eats his veggies, takes vitamins, no other health things that could complicate.  If I got sick I would be at higher risk.  Dad's risk is substantial, he is overweight (but not much), other health things so very glad it is not DAD who got sick.  Basically if you had to pick a family member you would want my uncle.  

So a couple of things: they are not coming to the Republican convention in Houston next week because that's, like, biological warfare.  They can't do that.  Will they come just to see me?  Do I want them?  That's debatable.  They can certainly come at a future point.  I do feel a little silly I asked for next Wednesday off now.  And I have to worry about my aunt getting sick as she's "right there" and sleeping in the same bed and all.  But they were both vaccinated.  She tested as having antibodies (she had a mysterious illness a few years back that checks all the boxes for "China flu".  He did not, but he will now.  

They were running a lot of errands last week so God knows where they got it.  

Enough on that, I will be praying for them.  I did get out the oregano oil capsules and happily found a bottle of Vitamin E capsules in the fridge when looking for the Oregano oil.  That was a happy discovery as I am a big fan of Vitamin E, especially with my family history (both sides) of heart disease.  

I still haven't done my cooking yet but I will.  I haven't been very hungry today but I think that's a good thing.  I don't have much appetite when I do eat a lot of protein and fat.  

And I'm thinking at the end of this (I would like to get down to 170) I can/will still eat this way I don't see a downside.  I will be doing the dishes as I need clean containers to put my meal portions into.  

I actually caught the delivery man making the cat food delivery (got it!) so I gave him a cold bottle of water.  He did not say 'No" to that!  😂

That's it for now.   

No comments: