Friday, June 24, 2022

Friday morning

 205 again!  Very happy about that.  I want to get down to 170.  A few people have been surprised the number is high but I carry a good amount of muscle, don't want to lose that.  Also I look better with a little meat and got many compliments when I was @ 170 the last couple times I lost a lot of weight.  I have also lost more than halfway to goal.  All time high as far as I know (don't exactly get a text saying "Today you will be at your fattest ever, go weigh 😂 yourself" ) was 258.  So I have already lost 53 pounds just need to knock out another 35.  And I will be much healthier for it.  Glad I can eat real food on occasion with this plan I made up.  

So, yesterday went OK.  I did bite one nail at the bus stop, too far, and it was bleeding that was awkward trying to get it to stop.  I did manage to get it stanched by the time the bus came.  The bus driver told me I didn't have to swipe my pass.  I will continue to pay but I thought it was nice.  Today I put the $20 on the pass if it all works out.  

The keto bus driver loved the bag with the jerky.  I can't afford to do it every day but I can now and then.  Not jerky but they have those mylar packs of cooked meat like chicken fajita, tuna, smoked salmon, various other kinds of chicken.  They are about $1.  I can do that once a week or so.  And plenty of room for the Scripture booklet too.  

Got to work OK and got the $1 bags of hard candy, thank God those have not gone up in price.  I got 6 bags 5 for the recipients and one for Jack, who loves Root Beer Barrels.  Dad was very curious what that was and I told him it is a hard candy cylinder that tastes like root beer.  A friend in apparel turned me on to some Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda shorts for $1 they had it in an 18 so I grabbed one and paid for that immediately, put it in my bag.  I also got the buttons (97 cents not counting my discount) to make the cell phone holder with a closure.  The one I have now is an open top and sometimes the phone falls out.  So it was a productive shop.  

Went in the back and had my first burger (second one for my dinner).  It was very good.  I bought a can of soda from the vending machine.  I think I will buy a box of that stevia drink mix packets today before work and drink that on my breaks as that won't spike my blood sugar like aspartame can.  Got to work, they had sort of fixed my big problem.  I can't help but think a big corporation like Walmart could do a little better on the issue but that's just me.  I did do my job all night that's what matters.  

My friend was talking to me about the guy who made threats.  She said she thought he had been making threats against her husband and I confirmed it.  A manager came by a little while later and my friend asked me to relate what I had heard.  I did, namely that ___ had made threats about hitting, beating up, "kicking his ass" against ___ on 3 different occasions.  She sighed and said she would take care of it.  

The problem being the guy who made threats "likes" me so he is going to feel betrayed when he finds out I told, and he's going to know it is me because I don't think he told anyone else.  So that could be awkward for me but worst case I have my stun gun so not too worried.  I don't think he is dumb enough to act out having been told making threats is NOT OK.  It is not "blowing off steam" that is what you get a blog for.  You don't go around telling co workers you are going to beat up another coworker.  I have co workers bitch to me because so and so is lazy, takes long breaks, etc.  But they never make threats so I think I did the right thing bringing this to the attention of management.  

They may call me in the back today if they do I will state the facts: on 3 different occasions he has told me he was going to hurt ___.  That is pretty much the whole story.  All I added to that last night was that the guy making threats had felt disrespected.  Not that it makes it OK.  I told my friend the story of Roy, the man who ran over my husband, how I had to work with him for 20 years after the accident, him coming by demanding Ron say he was "OK", making "jokes" about Ron being in the wheelchair, etc.  Talk about disrespect.  And that was awful for 20 years but I had to endure it if I wanted to make a living.  And I added if I could put up with that then ___ could certainly put up with whatever petty slight he had felt he endured.  You can't have a thin skin working retail it is impossible.  

We will see how that plays out today.  I have a feeling I will be in personnel today.  At least I know why.  It is always horrible to be called back to the office and not know why.  

So I got through work and kept to my macros on my eating plan.  Came home, made some hibiscus (decaf) tea and changed into my workout clothes.  I called my parents from the exercise bike and had a good conversation/workout.  My feet bother me if I do more than 20 minutes after work so I just did the 20.  It is better than 0.  We talked for a while and then I went to bed.  

I will not be getting on the bike today.  

I texted my Mom and aunt photos of my new shorts and they loved them.  Glad I got them.  

I woke up in the middle of the night and got some water, went back to bed.  Woke up with a headache so I took some aspirin in addition to my energy (about 60 mg caffeine) drink, went back to bed for a little bit.  Weight is steady at 205 very happy about that.  I want to be able to eat a cheeseburger or a donut now and then.  That is important to me.  Those are my only real indulgences and I want to be able to have them long term.  So happy this is working out.  

I read a book years ago "the Secret of Low Carb Success" written by a director of a nursing home who had seen horrible diabetic complications.  She said women will lose the most weight the first 2 weeks of their cycle and then maintain the next 2 weeks.  So I have about 10 days to keep losing if I am smart.  Then I maintain that loss for another couple weeks and start losing again.  Seems to follow with my pattern at any rate.  So this is the big window I don't want to go too crazy eating the wrong things.  

I plan to have a protein shake and a banana this morning for breakfast.  Yesterday I just had a banana and it stuck with me a surprisingly long time.  

Cats are good.  That's it for now.  

No comments: