Thursday, June 16, 2022

Thursday night

I came up with something last year that has worked pretty well for me on long-duty days at work, I pack up a lunch bag with non perishable items.  I set it on the floor by the kitchen.  When I have a long day at work, I pick it up along with the "cold" part of my lunch and off I go.  

Tonight I discovered fire ants had made a trail to the lunch bag and were after my trail mix, which has raisins in it.  I thought it was sealed but apparently not.  After some thought I decided the safest thing for me, and the cats, would be to put some poison ant bait into the lunch sack (that way the cats can't get it) and the ants will eat it up tonight.  I can't eat anything in the bag (I was able to save some cheese crackers and a bag of roasted chickpeas) but that is OK I don't want something ants were in anyway.  Hopefully it will work.  The little bastards were biting me as I walked around which made me very unhappy.  

My rides to work were fine.  Well the first one was sad.  I was at the bus stop outside the subdivision.  I had my bag with me.  I took a drink of my water + salt, I keep it room temperature so it does not sweat.  A young woman sat down and asked if I had "A cold water for (her)".  I said the only water I had was warm and I had already been drinking it.  She had a young man with her, and they got into an argument.  She had an appointment but had no money or address for the appointment.  She was not dressed professionally.  She got on the phone and was saying "I'm not going back to my Mama!"

The bus came.  I got on and gave the driver the candy.  Driver was happy to see this is a regular treat and not just a one-off last week.  Girl got on behind me and said she didn't have any money, driver told her to sit down.  Young man got on said he didn't WANT to pay and was yelling for the girl saying "Hey you stupid bitch-thing"  He escalated the verbal abuse until the driver pulled over (remember I only go a half mile) and threw him off.  We got to my stop and I got off.  Happily this guy did not show up.  So I had that I feel bad for the girl but perhaps she had better humble herself and call Mama.  That guy is no good for her.  I shudder to think what he would do with a colicky baby.  

My second bus was uneventful.  Third bus is doing keto and does not want candy, or crackers.  I tried.  So I will have to bring her jerky next week.  Got to work.  Used my gift card to get 2 double cheeseburgers one for lunch and one for dinner.  Both were delicious.  

The difficult boss decided to stay late today.  I couldn't wait to get out of there.  Ron read a book about management there is the X manager and the Y manager.  X manager "is the boss, tells everyone what's what" Y manager is, well, loved and leads by example.  Does not threaten.  

A good example, last year she came up to me.  Asked me how I was doing.  I said a little depressed thinking about my husband.  She basically told me to "get over it and get to work" and I was working!  It was about 3 months after he died!  I never forgot that and not in a good way.  Some people "have it".  Some people do not.  Ron had it.  If he had needed a kidney they would have all lined up for him.  

Ron would have asked me to share a good memory and then gently encouraged me.  Anyway... I only work 5 hours each Saturday and Sunday so hopefully it will be better.  

So there I am at home... I came home and I found this: 


I didn't think he got up there, but clearly he does.  I'm glad I left the "saddle" on the bear.  

That's it for now.   

No comments: