Thursday, June 23, 2022

Early Thursday morning

I slept great but woke up with a headache, I had some aspartame drink mix yesterday though.  Still having water retention in one area, very tender not sure what is going on with that (whacked hormones?).  

Yesterday I put in the time off request for seeing my Dad.  I plan to bring a carryon (red backpack) with medication, a nightgown, underwear, some dresses, basic toiletries.  Then I will have the duffel bag with my other stuff, different shoes, etc.  Duffel bag will be checked I am sure it will be fine.  I can do up some candy and bring that with the backpack.  And the backpack can go under my seat.  I actually have some cute little dresses I plan to bring.  I don't usually have a chance to wear them these days.  

Dad is buying the tickets which is very sweet.  No way I could afford tickets.  

The other day I bought a box of tea with lemonade drink mix packets and drank a lot yesterday, so not really surprised at the headache today.  This took me a while to figure out as I don't get the headache immediately after consuming aspartame, it takes several hours.  But it will pass.  

I cooked up the ground turkey with my taco seasoning and it was very good.  I mixed that with some kidney beans and will top it with some cheese, I think that will make a very good meal.  Only about 75 cents a meal too.  I plan to eat at McDonald's today as it is my Monday.  I will be out of the house longer on my "short" days due to riding the bus both ways.  

And I do plan to put that $20 on my bus card I like the balance around $60 that is 100 rides for me.  I just turned my head and saw Biscuit.  He is blissed out, on his back with his back right leg in the air and his tongue sticking out, eyes slitted closed, that is one happy boy.  I fed them before I took my headache pills when I got up this morning.  But they will have a long wait for their next meal.  I might leave them a little extra when I leave today as I don't get home until after 10 PM.  I think Biscuit was under a lot of stress before Ron died.  I don't recall him doing this before this year.  

The brown girls couldn't handle life without Ron and just gave up and died... Biscuit has chosen to thrive and I am very proud of him.  I would miss him.  I accidentally rolled over on Cleo getting up, didn't hurt her, but was quickly forgiven when she found out I was feeding her.  Spotty never comes in my room but he seems to have Ron's room as his territory.  

I find myself doing the Olde English Manor thing with my house, my room, front room, laundry room, orange room, blue room (Ron's).  I think it is funny.  Basically I am house poor I have the house and that is it.  I don't have much money for luxuries (but God sends me great deals, like $1 dresses on clearance and great $3 jeans at the thrift shop 👍)  God really does take care of the details.  I have water, gas, electricity, food, clothes, cats... transportation even though it might get spendy at times.  The Bible says be content so I am.  

I can't find the red duffel so I will have to use a black one with wheels, probably a better choice anyway.  I will just have to put a distinctive tag on it so someone doesn't grab it by accident.  They have some nice hard side purple ones at work but probably all the women get those and that's not something I want.  

Weight is back down to 205 so happy about that.  That's it for now.  

No comments: