Wednesday, June 15, 2022

I finally found the damned DNR

 I found a mesh backpack in my closet and wasn't sure what it contained so I opened it up.  The first thing I found was a DNR for Ron.  

He had done that up a few years ago.  I had told him if he wanted to be  DNR he had better make it official.  So he did.  He told me constantly he did not want extreme measures (and I made sure of it) but I felt it was better to have it on the record.  So it was.  

Of course I could not find the damned form the day Ron died when they asked for it.  I found the will but not the DNR.  After half an hour of him still being dead they "let" me call it off anyway.  

I expected to be upset.  I was not.  I was happy he didn't need it anymore.  I went through the bag and found various things like toiletries.  It was my combination travel/hospital bag.  We had to travel once a year to go to the conferences.  And he went to the hospital at least that often, so I had soap, shampoo, etc.  I can use it when I travel this fall if it works out.  So I'll keep the backpack, it can be my carryon.  

Anyway that's all.  

No comments: