Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tuesday afternoon

Some time ago I made a decision not to "monetize" my blog by allowing "targeted" ads.  I stand by that.  

But sometimes I like something and I talk about it.  I don't get any money but it might help someone.  I am liking my fitness app.  "Carb master".  Probably one of my favorite things I can scan a barcode and get instant nutrition information on the app and then give increments of how much I ate.  That is useful and it shows the macros so how much of protein, fat, carb, I am eating through the day.  So far I like it.  

And my body decided to repay my diligence by giving me a three and a half pound weight loss this morning, so down to 205.5 which is my lowest in a while.  Which motivates me to eat better.  

One reason I did not do a strict low carb I did not want the "easy off, easy on" glycogen "weight loss" which is actually energy stored in the liver for emergencies.  When you go low carb you have a dramatic "first" weight loss of several to 20 pounds in a week or two and then the first time you eat a potato or donut it comes right back.  And sometimes I like a donut.  Or a biscuit.  I can do that on my current plan I am allowing up to 100 carb grams a day.  Yesterday I barely hit 80 and still lost weight.  Of course that weight loss had been a long time coming.  

That's the thing with a widow's budget.  Not a lot of room for garbage snacks and processed food.  My lentils at every work lunch are sure not hurting me.  I like them, like cooking them, can do a lot of things with them.  So will keep eating them.  

The scan feature is really nice though, on the app.  

So I mainly sat around the house today (very, very, hot and sunny out) drinking sugar free lemonade and watching Chicago Fire.  It's been nice and quiet, had a nap with the cats, did my God Time... good times.  I got something from Walmart re: benefits so I need to check that out tomorrow.  I don't get medical yet but it sounds like I could get life insurance pretty cheap.  

I am cooking the beef neckbones we will see how they turn out.  Not a lot of meat on them that's the way they come but from what I read what meat you get is very flavorful.  I will keep you posted.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just inspired me to go 100 carbs.

Heather Knits said...

I think it's doable for any one and you get a lot of wiggle room. If I want to eat a donut at work I can eat a freaking donut. Nothing is off limits except maybe the tub of cake frosting I used to sit and eat in front of the TV (gag). But it is still low enough I am full all the time, eating lots of healthy meat and fats, so far so good.

I see these women at work (employees) not much older than me but much heavier, and they are so crippled up with arthritis, whatever, they can hardly walk. Right now I have good use of my legs and I would like to keep that. That's my primary motivator right there. Looking "better" is a bonus but not the primary reason.

Anonymous said...

Do you eat just three meals a day or do you eat at different times? I tried intermittent fasting but it just made me hungry.

Anonymous said...

I just bought some 16 net carb snack bars. They're full of nuts, a bit of dried fruit and chocolate.
I'm snacking on olives right now.
The good old Atkins days ;)

Heather Knits said...

When I'm off I eat when I'm hungry which is generally only 1-2 meals a day. Kind of a bastard intermittent fasting I think. At work I eat at home before I leave (not a lot), then eat a snack before work, big lunch on my lunch break, small snack on last break before coming home. I like to have a big bowl of lentils with some sort of meat on my lunch break. That sticks around for a long time and fiber is your friend. Lentils work with my meal plan too.

Snack bars are always good if you get hungry in an inconvenient place, like next to the ice cream truck. LOL