Friday, June 17, 2022

OOH a splitting headache

 Work was challenging I had the "X" manager last night.  Ron was a "Y" manager, he was very empathetic (usually) and did not generally make threats or scold (unless he caught me on my cell phone while working, even when my Dad was in ICU he did not want me talking on the phone at work, but when he retired he had no problem with me calling him from work 😂).  Never know who might read this so I will just leave it at that.  I was exhausted when I left and some of that was mental.  But I think Walmart in general is X management (you can look this up Here

One of my coworkers is about to lose her husband and is taking it very hard.  We have butted heads a few times I had to set some boundaries with her; but I have lost a husband and it is devastating.  The coworker closest to her says she is not coming back.  Anyway I feel bad for her.  

I was happy to leave and got my ride home.  I give Jack a bag of candy every night he likes it and he can always feed it to his grandson.  He has never told me no.  

Unlike my keto bus driver!  She really wants the candy which is why I will give her a small bag of jerky next time.  I don't want to derail someone's diet that wouldn't be kind or represent Jesus. 

I do need to get more candy if I can go out later.  I am running low.  I have a few ideas on how to do that.  

Anyway I called my parents last night, they are doing pretty well.  Visiting my older stepsister who I trust to take care of them should they need a caregiver.  Not that she would actually do the work but she is very capable to hire and direct and manage all that.  Dad is ex military so he may qualify for VA assistance on some things he was a pretty good rank when he left.  Anyway it is nice to know she is in their corner.  Dad is not crazy about visiting because she has two small dogs and a couple of cats.  They are doing well I forgot to ask what they had for dinner.  They generally eat a very balanced diet.  They were on vacation this week and Dad had a latte every day that's about as crazy as they get.  

I hung up from that and got on the computer for about 45 minutes, did my Thursday night post, and then went to bed.  I fell asleep pretty quick and this is one major reason I do not want to "advance" at work: I sleep great most nights.  I can leave work at work.  Not that anyone is asking.  

I woke up after about 4 hours with a splitting migraine.  It was ghastly.  I had some electrolyte drink mix (sometimes that helps) in very cold water (I reuse water bottles in the fridge and fill them with tap water) and took some Excedrin, it was that bad that I took it in the middle of the night knowing I wouldn't sleep.  

I am not sure if it is due to the bacon I ate before going to bed, or the storms supposed to come through (we really need the rain), everything else I have eaten a million times before.  I went back to bed and the Excedrin did take about 90% of the headache.  There is enough left to want me to be careful but I am feeling a lot better.  Which is one reason I have several bottles of generic headache pills rattling around here.  I will try to go back to bed later.  

Ideally I will get up, headache free, take a shower and do my God Time, go out and run a few errands, come home and get a nap.  I have to get up pretty early tomorrow even with a ride (5 ish).  We will see what I can do.  

Weight is up around 209 so I should be having my cycle pretty soon.  I have other symptoms indicating it will be pretty soon.  I think that will help a lot once I get started.  

My sister had sent me a few texts.  I was busy and didn't respond, finally did last night and she said she had more operations.   Ron would have called her sickly and it is a safe statement her full time job is going to the doctor.  I am glad she is OK but damn, she is not well.  Anyway happy she came through that OK.  I was given a small guilt trip over not responding quickly but that was all.  

I have a lot on my plate and I would also make it clear I cannot be HER caregiver she will have to figure something else out.  I think she had always hoped it wouldn't work out with Ron and I would move there and take care of her but even with him dead that is not happening.  God makes the final determination but if I have anything to say I am DONE with caregiving for this life.  

That's it for now.  I'm going to make some tea to drink later.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If what you set out for the ants don't work. lemon juice works great and I think there is something about a boiling water and dish soap mixture that you spray (you would have to google it). I found your descriptions of the different kinds of managers interesting. I work for an x type and it is no fun.

Heather Knits said...

The Ando works pretty well I get it from Amazon.