Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday morning

Work was OK,  It was a little discouraging to realize most of my extra pay was going for my rides but oh well.  Cab driver is a nice man and I sure didn't want to spend 4 hours + on the bus in addition to a 9 hour shift.  Got my breaks and lunches in a timely manner so happy about that.  Got out on time, he was waiting for me so I got to go home immediately.  

I only got about 5 hours sleep Friday night.  I had worked a long day on Saturday, so I understood I was wanting "something special" when I clocked out.  I decided to get some drink mix packets, stevia based lemonade with a little real sugar, no aspartame.  I was able to use the self check and get out of there quick which was nice.  I do feel a little odd shoving my money in a machine, and it does "unemploy" some cashiers when I use the self check, but I hear we are doing a remodel in January and taking out a lot of the traditional cashier stands and putting in more self checks.  

I came home and called my parents.  They had me on speaker as they ate baby back ribs.  Ron loved pork ribs.  But I was sure they had better manners eating them.  😂  We talked for a while and I went to bed.  

I slept OK but woke up with a headache.  I managed to beat that back.  The cats were very patient waiting for me to get up, I just had Cleo and Biscuit in the bed and then Spotty on the floor when I turned on the light and they realized I was going to feed them.  

I haven't figured out my lunch yet, I have a lot of frozen meals in the freezer.  I need to take my shower but, once I get going, I only have one day until my 3 days off.  I will enjoy that.  Biscuit just came and peed in his litter box it sounded great.  He gets bladder stones so that is good to see he has a free flow.  That cat food (Iams Urinary) is really good for him.  My advice if you have an FLUTD cat is to never, ever, feed them any fish protein because in my experience it blocks them up very quickly.  And I don't want him to suffer.  

The plan for now is for me to get some sausage before work and put it in my lunch bag to stay cold.  Then I can just walk out having already paid for it, after work.  I am still not sure if I want to go low carb this week.  It would be nice to get going.  And I do have 3 days off if I need a little time to get through it.  I will have to see how I feel.  The headache is still around, I don't want to make it mad before work.   

Took my shower, feel better.  I have had a problem getting dressed lately my support socks are getting holes in the toe.  Apparently these can be mended so I will try, I have some black thread and a sewing needle.  I haven't used it in ages but sewing thread doesn't go bad.  And if it doesn't take I can just get rid of them.  I have plenty more.

I have decided I will keep my carbs below 100 for the next couple weeks and see how that goes.  That, I know I can do.  I have another 3 days off coming up in 2 weeks so I can go full low carb then if I want.  But I shouldn't have much of an adjustment doing this.  I just need better wake up and before work snacks.  I will figure that out.  I had yet another container of lentils 😂 in the freezer so I packed that for work.  This one is not the horrible hot chorizo flavor I had to slog my way through yesterday.  "Grim" is a good descriptor.  I will be making more lentils this week but I think I will put in some link sausage instead.  I want my lentils to be a eager experience not a duty not to waste food.  

My only real question do I have enough of the little containers I use?  I will have to look.  Yeah, I think I have enough.  I also have to look at "how much room in the fridge?" and the answer to that is well, the freezer, and "not much".  So I need to eat up what I do have while getting more food.  I need to rework my budget now that I have the electric bill.  Which was.....

$81

So I am fine on that.  Let's hear it for keeping the thermostat at 85.  It hardly ever runs (AC).  Overall I am very comfortable.  The cats seem fine.  So I will keep that up.  

I will work up a list of things I need to do, at work, today.  Things I need to do on my time off.  I think I will also take my debit card and get $20 out to help the grocery bottom line.  Grocery budget is fine but I will need to take the bus to get them.  I may just go to the store nearest my house which is "OK" vs going to the Foodtown which is quite the trip on the bus no matter which one I go to.  And I like Food Town but I don't want to spend all day on the bus in marginal neighborhoods if I can just "run down the street" so to speak.  I will at least go and look, if I think it sucks I can go to Food Town.  But a roast is a roast.  My only question will the store have the smaller meat packages I need?  I don't need 10 pounds of pork chops.  I think I recall seeing smaller meat packages even though a lot of big families shop there.  

When I got up I turned on my Youtube music to praise/worship stuff which I like.  It has set a good tone for me, I use my old cell phone to stream. 

I need to go get ready so that's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My electric bill is $126.00 a month and I have my AC set to 74 and I do laundry every day with a dryer that I have to run twice to get the clothes dry. I don't understand why your electric bill is so high when you don't have your AC running really at all. Is it because you have an older fridge and computer? Or is houston just really high per kilowatt hour for electric usage.

Heather Knits said...

Old fridge is a factor. Old AC is another. Let me look up the rate..total rate is 20.9 cents per kwh. I'm also in a house with the sun beating down on the roof and air leaks with the cat door.

Oh, yeah, and a couple of years ago I was told my house has NO exterior insulation. None at all in the walls save what my drywall guy installed a few years back. ACK. If I got a couple hundred K I would strip my siding and have good insulation installed and then new siding and paint, new roof, insulation in attic (have some but not much), I am sure that would help my bill.