Tuesday, June 21, 2022

I think my plan is working

 I talked to my parents tonight and told Dad I had worked out on the exercise bike after carrying home my groceries.  "I'm going to walk on the treadmill tomorrow" he responded with no prompting on my part.  EXCELLENT.  

Dad and Ron have a lot in common, you can't nag them into anything.  You have to be patient and let him figure out it is a good plan.  

I even sliced up half a cucumber and had that as my dinner appetizer.  Very pleased.  Baby steps I want to get in the vegetable with every meal habit.  Not really picky about the vegetable.  But I would like to be eating 5 servings a day.  

What kind of serving for a cucumber?  Let me look.  So it looks like I had 3 servings.  One inch slice is one serving of cucumber, apparently.  And I have some really big cucumbers.  That is good to know I love cucumber.  

Mom and Dad are doing well.  I had 3 cheese melt things for dinner.  I take a corn tortilla and put about 1/4 cup shredded cheese and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Then I fold it over and let it cool a little so it doesn't drip grease or burn my mouth.  It's very good.  Fast.  Pretty nutritious.  

I also readjusted my goals on my fitness app and am very happy with the macros for that.  I am at about 1,800 calories (goal) which has me losing a couple pounds a month.  I don't care if it is slow as long as it stays off.  

That's it for now, I am tired and going to bed.  

No comments: