Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Cleaning up the kitchen...

I have been catching up on dishes.  I used the 3 compartment sink theory for my food containers.  Hot soapy water, rinse, soak in a bleach solution.  Let air dry.  

I was going to cook some sausage long story short I could not due to an ick factor in the fridge.  I had some turkey sausage in there, it was frozen.  When it thawed blood leaked out all over the bag including the sausage and I am not that hungry to wash old blood off my food.  I am just glad it didn't get all over the fridge.  Those Walmart bags are pretty robust, let's hear it for them.  Just the sight of the blood made me gag.  

I wanted to be a vegetarian when I was in Junior High.  Dad was very persuasive taking me to Burger King and sitting a double cheeseburger in front of me.  It was unwrapped.  Said I had to sit there 15 minutes if I didn't eat it he would never bring "It" up again.  I ate it.  I have a great weakness for double cheeseburgers.  

But that was just a little much.  I have some beans I can sub out.  Actually went with frozen cooked sausage out of the freezer.  This week I think I will eat more out of the freezer and get rid of some stuff I've had in there a while.  

I do plan to get some more tuna though.  

Now that the kitchen is clean-ish I put out the roach bait.  They won't have anything to eat but that.  I also went ahead and put a bait near the cat food.  Although over the years I've found cats like to bat the roach bait all over the house like a big hockey puck.  😂  Hopefully not in the middle of the night on a work night.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: