Sunday, June 12, 2022

Sunday night

 Well I suddenly turned sick of lentils.  As in I was literally gagging on my dinner.  It was awful.  I did manage to get them down but not doing that for tomorrow.  I do need to figure out meals for the rest of the week, though.  

Work was LONG.  People coming in, infinity screaming and misbehaving children, it was "tantrum/meltdown" yelling and crying, not the normal "hungry, tired baby" stuff.  Mostly toddlers and older kids.  It was incessant.  And one reason I am sure the store has a lot of turnover.  

Speaking of a man came into the store, basically said "I want the store to set me up with a cushy job at hours I dictate"  I told him that was NOT going to happen even the managers have to work nights and weekends "Oh they'll do it for me, page me a manager".  Of course no one came and he left after a while.  

On a brighter note I decided to try the Mac's cheddar flavor pork rinds as we now have them in stock.  I remember when they were a dollar, now they are over $2.  I tried them when I got home and they are tasty and a good fix if I want chips.  I should put a binder clip in my lunch bag.  

My coworkers, most of them, were nice, except for one who said I was the lesbian's sister.  We have a very "proud" employee.  I will chat with her at times but that's as far as it goes and I still wear my wedding ring.  Everyone knows I was married to a man.  But this other employee said we had the same face.  That is just, in general, not a good thing to tell someone.  I was dismissive.  

I was happy to get out of there.  It was a long day.  But I made it.  Tomorrow is a really long day 9 hours total.  But that's $100.  

When things got crazy tonight I kept thinking about all the things I could buy with $84, which is what I made today.  I came up with a pretty long list including a month of groceries for me, months of cat food, a month of electricity, etc.  It kept me going.  

I am tired so that's it for now...oh I did 35 minutes on the exercise bike while talking to my aunt today.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm eating chicken salad right now.
Walmart has good chicken salad and of course its low carb. :)

Heather Knits said...

Have you tried the shelf stable version in the pouches? That's what I had, pretty good and you can keep it in your cupboard.

Anonymous said...

I haven't but maybe I will now ;)