Saturday, June 11, 2022

Saturday morning

Another compression sock with a hole.  I think they are only good for a year; but I can afford a new pack (about $20).  I still have plenty left without holes.  

Ready for work, slept OK just not long enough.  My stepmother confided Dad is having a little trouble getting around so I want to motivate him to work out.  I had planned to get on the bike this morning and take a picture of the display for him but I think I will change when I get home and do a speakerphone call to him while on the bike today.  2 things at once, and I will sleep better.  

It is miserably hot and the AC is misbehaving at work.  They won't be out to fix it for a few days.  Managers are worried about people working on the truck as there is no air back there and it is over 100 degrees.  If I were a team lead back there I would make them stop for periodic water breaks but I'm sure they are already doing it.  Some people don't think about water but they will drink if you tell them.   Ron was like that.  I was also told we are doing a "big" remodel next year so that will be interesting to see how it affects my job.  I will say I hope they widen the bathroom stalls as the ones in the front are tight and there is no way to sit on a toilet without touching the tampon trash can.  ICK.  I would really like that fixed.  I am happy with the rest of the store but we will see what they do.  I imagine they will expand OGP (grocery delivery and pickup) as well I think that is pretty big money for the store.  

I have my lunch.  I brought a lunchable for my first break and lentils (of course) for my lunch, have my medication in my pocket so I can take that.  I have a couple of assorted snacks for my last break if I want.  I am still about 205 so happy about that.  According to my tracker I went over on fat grams and carbs last night.  I think I was OK until I had the small pack of cookies.  I also adjusted my tracker to indicate more weight loss - faster, rather, as opposed to the 2 pounds a month it wanted for me.  It has me at about 1,700 calories which is plenty I think.  And I eat a lot less on my days off.  

Cats are good I fed them of course.  I need to check their water.  If it's hot for me, it's hot for them, and I don't want them drinking from another source and getting sick.  I will be getting home later so hopefully all the neighbors will have settled down by then.   

When I got up I didn't feel like I had any additional sleep but I do feel more alert right now after my regular vitamins, a supplemental "mega" b vitamin, and a protein shake that was not in the database and will need to be entered when I get home.  (30 grams protein, no fat or carbs).  

It will be interesting to see how work goes today I am optimistic.  The nice thing about an 8 hour shift they are good about getting me my breaks and lunch.  Sometimes I do wish I could get a half hour lunch but that kicks me into overtime pay and they don't want it, so an hour it is.  They just have to live without me.  I have a friend who works jewelry and they were really upset when she took her lunch, a difficult customer was having a fit.  

I need to go.  I will likely post later.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you said bike, it made me wonder if you live close enough to ride a bike to work.

Heather Knits said...

Yes I could ride a bike. The problem Houston traffic is insane it is not safe. And I doubt my ability to navigate it. Ron begged me not to ever ride a bike around here and I didn't. Looking at the way people drive now I'm not inclined to go get one even though it would save me a lot of money.

Anonymous said...

If you could make it work, you could ride almost every day in Houston.
Where I live, we get snow. I have to have a car.