Tuesday, June 21, 2022

3 men at the bus stop

 So in spite of everything I had a good trip.  I left the house, got to the bus stop.  It was suffocatingly hot and humid, miserable sweaty weather.  

Then the "hobo" showed up.  He had a bad odor, was very dirty (clothes needed to be burned), and making aggressive advances toward me obviously with an angle to see what he could get out of me.  I had $29 😂 in my pocket.  So not a good woman to get something out of.  

Bus came he did not board praise God.  Got to the second bus stop.  Another man this one in work attire with a safety yellow shirt, very clean cut and 100% the opposite of the first guy.  I liked him (all the guys in this blog were black, by the way, if it matters).  Bus came the doors were open and stayed open as we went down the road.  

Oh-Kay.  Bus driver passed my subdivision and got about a half mile up the road, pulled up under some trees, stopped, got out her cell phone and called dispatch.  Long story short she was not allowed to drive the bus any more.  So we had to wait half an hour on the next one.  I occupied my time calling my aunt.  She is doing well.  

Next bus came and did the loop around I needed, got me to the grocery store.  I went in and had a look around.  Produce was OK but meat was very very low.  I did get some chicken hot dogs ($.67) and a frozen ground turkey chub.  I didn't buy much and only spent $21 but got enough food for the week.  I got bananas, kale, the turkey, 3 packages of the hot dogs (can do a lot with a hot dog, have eaten these and they are fine), cucumbers.  I found some nice raspberry hibiscus tea.  We sell Hibiscus tea at work but it is $4 a package.  This tea was $1.88 and I trust their store brand to be tasty.  I got 2 boxes of that.  I also got some Gatorade Zero hydration mix in cherry I like that and it helps keep me hydrated in the heat.  

I checked out he was a nice man.  I loaded my personal bags (I had an insulated tote bag because chopped kale in feels like 100 degree heat and full sun is just not happening at the bus stop, but the turkey chubs kept the kale cold).  Got that loaded up, had a nice little bottle of iced tea (58 cents) and here comes the third guy.  This one was dressed halfway between the first and second man, had a bottle of liquor he was drinking so that put up my hackles.  Told me a horrible story of how his stepson "forgot" to give his dog water while the dog was chained up against a fence in this heat for over a day and night and the dog "Drank a whole mop bucket full of water when I found out".  Horrible.  

Kept flirting with me.  Now doesn't a stepson mean you have a wife who is he mother of this child?  That's my math.  I don't poach I am very careful with married men or men in relationships.  He kept wanting to know where I lived, did I have a phone he could borrow, etc.  I was evasive and denied having a phone.  

I was wearing my phone in a pouch around my neck.  I made the pouch but it is not immediately apparently for a phone.  I guess... he didn't figure it out.  And it made me realize 2 things.  When I am out riding the bus I need to keep my phone inside my shirt, and I need to have it on silent.  I NEED TO DO THIS or some turkey is going to rob me one day, I can see this.  This is the second time this has happened.  

Once, when I was much dumber, I actually loaned my phone to a guy at the bus stop and I had to get in his face screaming, on the bus, 15 minutes later to get it back.  And some guy kept calling me and hanging up when I heard my voice, after, until I said "He tried to steal my phone and I got it back, lose this number" the next time he called, and he never called again.  So I am never doing that again.  

One neuropsych evaluation termed me as "Extremely naive and trusting" when I was 17 it is a hallmark of FAS we just think people are great.  I have to remind myself some are not.  The bus came he went to the back and I rode up to my stop.  It wasn't far.  

The bus had fantastic air conditioning it was very refreshing and I hated to get off.  It was about feels like 103 I believe if I remember correctly.  I didn't have a lot of groceries so it wasn't too heavy.  I got home OK the house felt great.  When it's in the 90's, hot and humid, a temperature of 85 when I walk in feels pretty balmy, although most people walking into my house would probably think my AC is broken.  It's not, it works fine, but I don't tax it, either.  

About halfway home I had an epiphany.  I was already dressed for exercise (modest denim shorts and a t shirt, socks and sneakers), I was already hot and sweaty.  Why not get on the exercise bike for a while?  So I did that once I put up the groceries.  Very proud of myself for that.  

Once I freshened up a little I took a nap and had a good one.  I slept a little under an hour.  I started some laundry, I added baking soda to the load because I had sweaty clothes in there and I use unscented detergent.  I hung up some clean clothes I had not done the last time I did the laundry.  

So that's it for now.  

No comments: