Saturday, June 18, 2022

Saturday, "The Bite"

I had a hard time getting up this morning until Biscuit, in great frustration, grabbed my foot in his front paws and gently bit it!  😂😂  I got up and rewarded this bad behavior by feeding him.  

I used up the last of the bag of cat food (I have more) which means they go through about 3.5 pounds a week which is good to know.  I really didn't know.  

I checked my schedule and was SHOCKED to find I got the 4th off.  I've only been there a year, I know more valued employees with seniority wanted it - but I got it.  I did not advertise that.  I also got the 5th and 6th.  That will be nice if I make the budget work.  A coworker is moving and I told her I'd help, and told her my days off.  If she moves on one of my days off I am happy to help, she is a very kind woman.  

Stern boss was there and prodding me but it was OK.  I got through the day and she even made sure I left on time.  Of course the app had logged me out so instead of my quick "punch" I had to go to Personnel and log out on their computer.  I couldn't figure out what had happened just that the app was not working, I had to restart my phone and then attempt to open the app, which kicked me to the log in screen (did that at home).  I am logged in again for now.  That was probably the worst thing that happened today.  

I headed out to the bus it was very hot but the bus shelter has a shade so I was OK.  No "friends" which was nice, but the woman who feeds them all will be there tomorrow so they will be too.  I just wear my work vest at the bus stop it avoids assumptions.  

The drivers were delighted with their candy which was cute.  I am glad I do this.  One driver got off the bus and gave the candy to his relief driver.  It took me 2 hours but I got home.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day as I take the bus each way and work 5 hours in the middle.  And that's the thing the car people don't get.  I am not 10 minutes from work, I am 2 hours.  You could go to Lufkin in that amount of time (halfway to Dallas).  

The nice thing going to work happens in the early morning so I won't get roasted, hot and sweaty.  The cats are good that is nice.  I will take some Valerian root tonight to make sure I get some sleep.  

I am drinking a lot of homemade and commercial electrolyte mixes to stay hydrated.  I have to be very careful with heat and my medications.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: