Saturday, June 4, 2022

Saturday morning

 Hopefully I will have a nice boring day today.  

I seem to either run really early or really late on my local bus route, there's no "in between" run.  So I ended up running late and only barely made it to the transit center.  I had to chase down my last bus, which did stop.  

We have a lot of homeless on the last route, it's a very busy street and they do a lot of begging, low rent hotels, vacant lots where they squat, etc.  So we had several get on and each had lots of stuff.  I carry a tote bag, one guy had 5.  Another guy had a hand cart with a 5 gallon bucket and other supplies on it.  The last one was in a wheelchair.  They all got in a scuffle because the bus was packed and they were jockeying for room.  The driver had to intervene and I could tell, while watching him, he was utterly sick of the drama and that's why he had transferred to a much more "boring" local route.  The men were also not fresh and the bus stank to high heaven.  

I got to work and hung out in the break room.  I attempted to log in but the app had decided to log me out.  So I had to log back in again.  Which made me almost late (2 minutes early vs. 5) and I still had to go to the bathroom, but I made it there in time for the daily meeting.  I got my lunch late (for me) especially considering I only had a 6 hour shift but I was not overly hungry when I got it.  I had a lunchable waiting.  

But the app (again!) was glitchy and would not let me log out, so I had to go to personnel to clock out for my lunch.  I did that.  Ate my lunch.  Tried to ignore the wrestling on TV.  That stuff is all staged, completely fake, and I don't like to watch people beating on each other.  I don't like boxing, either.  

I was able to clock back in OK and returned to work, then had to take my break an hour later.  So that was weird.  But I did get my break and my lunch.  Now I am done for the week which means I get paid on Wednesday.  Not a whole lot but enough.  

Today I work 8 hours and will take both breaks and my lunch.  They have me working more hours the next couple weeks so I plan to do it.  I just need to figure out how to carefully spend the extra money I will make.  I need air filters, for instance.  They are cheaper to buy from Amazon as I get 6 filters for the price of 2 at the store.  And they are a better filter, a MERV 11 which is an allergy filter, good for a cat lady with allergies.  That's the only big thing I think I need, happily.  I will have to spend more money on transportation but I will figure it out.  I don't mind taking the bus to work on a long day but, for a couple of reasons, prefer to catch a ride home if I work later (7-9 PM).  I'll refer you back to the homeless, also a lot of strange white guys on the bus at night.  Walking across the vacant lot near my subdivision at the bus stop.  Etc.  Not fun in the dark, any of it.  

I called my parents and we talked for a while.  It meant I got less sleep but I am OK with it.  I can sleep later, I will not have them forever.  So I am glad I did that.  I went to bed and fell asleep pretty fast, did not wake up.  

I did wake up with a headache but I had some energy drink mix with caffeine and aspartame and one of them fixed the headache.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: