Sunday, November 17, 2019

I just blew up at Ron.

He was in the kitchen, where we have the good lighting.  I told him I needed to clean and dress his hand. 

He balked but he "let" me do it.  I washed my hands and got my basket of supplies.  Kind of a sad statement on Ron he needs a basket of first aid supplies.  Anyway I took off the bandage, it is looking very good and healing nicely.  Going to be a while healing, though. 

I started my process, which, for this, has been peroxide and then betadine, neosporin.  Since he is working tomorrow an antibacterial bandage taped in place. 

About halfway through this he began protesting.  This took too long.  Why was I being so thorough?  Etc. 

Then he accused me of "making it up" to "get attention and play nurse".  I told him I was not the one who got stinking drunk, fell down, and cut myself.  I was simply the person trying to keep it from getting infected. 

He said that wasn't important.  I responded: What, do you think, happens if I don't tend this and it gets infected?  And you didn't go to a doctor for it?  That I didn't take you?  I already almost got in big trouble when a doctor thought I had burned Ron, and he had, again, that time totally done it to himself.  But I was blamed.

If some DA decides I was negligent, and a jury agrees, I go to jail, I explained.  I am doing my best to avoid that, so, if he doesn't want to see a doctor, he had DAMNED WELL BETTER AGREE TO BE TREATED AT HOME.  I'M NOT GOING TO JAIL OVER HIM. 

Him: "I wouldn't let that happen".  Like you have a choice.  You have an injury, you didn't want to see a doctor.  Fine.  But that means I didn't take you.  I will treat it at home if that's what you want but you need to hold up your end and let that happen. 

I didn't tell him, but the next step, had he refused, would have been shooting my aunt an image of the hand, explaining his position, and asking her and my uncle to come over and help read Ron the riot act. 

I also told him he needs to stop getting the hand dirty.  To that end, I didn't tell him, but I have packed XL size latex style gloves for him to wear at work, should he feel a need to do something.  I can also put one on him before he eats, etc. 

Now I am going to bed. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you would go to jail over it BUT if you really want to protect yourself you can call APS regarding it and see what they say they can do a home visit and access him. A mentally competent person can refuse medical treatment. Even if EMT's were called he can refuse treatment. Your blog documentation will be helpful with that. BUT he is causing you added and extra stress because this is something you are always worried about. That you will accused of neglecting him. Ron does not care how much stress and pressure you are under and continues to add to the stress. Shame how he is destroying his life and yours and even the cats because what if you did get arrested over this then what would happen to them. He is a selfish, selfish man. Once he is in a nursing home you will feel much better and relieved. Hopefully before the end of 2020.

Anonymous said...

You could take a video of him denying whatever help you are offering, so you have it just in case anyone questions it if he ends up in the ER. You’d need to do this every time.

Friend said...

I agree with anonymous call APS or you and Arturo drop him off at an ER and go home and rest. He can have a tantrum in public they will know what to do with him and no you would not be sent to jail this blog is reason enough to do that legally.