Saturday, November 16, 2019

Most of Saturday

Ron used to be Mr Fix it.  Now I am the one doing the fixing.  I am OK with that. 

We got up very early, antibiotic for Ron, off to the warehouse.  This week I had plenty of time to wait and Jack did not wait on us, the way it should be.  We went to work, unloaded.  I put Ron in the quiet area and went to work.  I did everything, even the bill changers.  It took a while but I got it all done, I even did candy bars. 

So all the machines got serviced, 10 total (2 bill changers).  One guy wanted change, said he "Didn't want all $1's" I told him that's all I had.  He was pretty rude. 

I am happy to see that business walk away. 

I didn't have cold bottled soda but I had just bought hundreds of dollar's worth, I put that in the fridge.  That will be ready to go on Monday.  But canned soda, food machine, snacks, I did it all.  I have 3 kinds of protein shakes for the customers, since they liked the caramel I got fudge in another brand, boasting it is "Clean and organic" protein.  One of the few take-aways I have gotten from my training is the fact Millenials want that sort of thing.  We will see if I'm right. 

The protein shake has a life of 6 months to a year, and doesn't care if the food machine goes out of service.  A sandwich is only good for about a week, and has to be tossed if the machine goes "down".  It is also  "healthy" option for those inclined, they are all low carb for those interested, etc.  We will see.  The nice thing about working for Ron, he gives me a lot of rope to play with.  If I am right I will be the only one in the building doing this.  We have the shelf in the fridge, it is simple to stick a couple cases up there.  If I am wrong I can drink 2 of them, the tropical "clear" protein and the caramel, the chocolate I don't know what I'll do.  But I am guessing the words "Organic" and "Clean" will do a lot of selling for me. 

I also got some more of the Balanced Breaks, they have cheese, nuts, and fruit in a tray that goes in the food machine.  They have done pretty well, enough to keep selling them.  And I did sell out of the last case of shakes I stocked, even at $3 a shake. 

So, we will see.  I enjoy this aspect of work.  It is like fishing, I am baiting the hook to see what makes them bite. 

I got it all done and asked Ron for help resetting the old changer (I forgot how to do it) he did that and then went to check the "change banks" in the soda machines - I hadn't done that and figured that would be safe for his hand.  It ended in him up to his wrist in a bucket of change as I screeched at him to stop, he would get infected.  He didn't listen and I had to walk away for a while. 

We went outside and waited on our ride, another one of those "I have to take your yearly pass away" drivers, I said NO YOU WILL NOT that is $400.  I think she wanted to "play" with it, she has probably never seen one, but that's how you lose them.  I have heard drivers on the radio saying "I forgot to give so and so their pass back".  Our memories aren't great - so NO.  All the driver "needs", once they verify it is Ron and a valid pass, is a four digit number they write down on their paperwork.  Anyone can do that. 

We had an OK ride home, she didn't go in the driveway so I had to push Ron up "the hill".  It had been a very long day already.  Ron made a point of thanking me for doing it.  When we got in the house he went for the vodka bottle.  I got another antibiotic into him (he was due).  I took a nap, he got himself back to bed somehow. 

I didn't sleep very well, and the doorbell rang.  Ah, my Chewy.  I had gotten a large bag of Iams dry food, a jar of probiotics, and a litter box.  The litter box arrived in an enormous box.  I got up and brought everything in the house. 

I dumped out the primary box (computer room) along with the small box in my bedroom.  I washed and sanitized the primary box.  While I did that I set up the new box in the primary location - computer room doorway.  I had to fill the new box. 

I took out all the old litter, the tiny box, and some trash.  That done Ron began complaining about the bleach smell, so I dumped that out and rinsed it well, setting it in my bedroom.  When it dries I will fill it with litter. 

I went through a lot of litter today!  But I think this will work much better.  If it does I will replace a couple of other boxes as well.  I took the cardboard boxes out and put them at the curb.  Then I picked up empty soda bottles all over the house and took them out to recycle, did a little more picking up while I have the energy. 

Energy is like money, I have to spend wisely.  The cats are good and I helped Ron get his TV going so he can watch Live PD.  I will call my Dad shortly. 

I don't know what I am doing for dinner but it will be something good.  I certainly feel I deserve it. 

No comments: