Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday afternoon

One reader put up a caregiving link.  I read it and one page basically said Ron should be in a home.  Another had a list of ideals for someone being cared for at home and I had like "zero" ticks on that list. 

Except Baby Girl.  Ron does love her and would be crushed if he lost her.  But I have my own condition, money is low, etc.  He can get around just fine in the chair, though. 

The counseling links was pretty amusing as they have NONE in NW Houston, where I live.  It is sad. 

Anyway, I got Ron ready, got the bag (carried it this time) and we went to the bank.  While in line Ron gave me a wad of 5's and I had to count those and add them to the money.  We did our transactions and called Arturo, Ron wanted to go to Specs and I wanted a bacon cheeseburger.  I explained to Ron: I didn't care who made the burger, but I wanted a big one with cheese, bacon, and BBQ sauce.  I did not want vegetables on it.  As it turns out there is a Burger King next to the Specs so we did that. 

I got the Bacon King, which had a lot of bacon.  It had two very large meat patties, "cheese", and I asked for BBQ sauce, which they were happy to do.  It had a nice heft when they handed it to me. 

We went home, Arturo put the vodka in the garage, I went in and parked Ron, ate my burger, took my pills.  The burger, I told him, was very good and if you want a large hamburger it is it. 

I noticed my pills were about out so I also did up my pills for 2 weeks.  That took a while.  And that's about the only time Ron won't interrupt, when I'm doing my pills.  He knows better than anyone what happens without medication.  So I did that up, got it done.  It took a while.  I am still taking probiotics. 

I will need to call for a refill on the antipsychotic but I have some time on that.  I did a load of clothes, it is on soak right now.  Ron is lying down right now so probably a good time to sweep/mop.  I guess I will do that, next. 

The vendors are playing politics.  One group wants one guy, another group wants the incumbent.  I don't feel the challenger is a reliable, dependable, businessman, and not someone I could count on to help Ron out.  I don't get a vote, Ron does, but he respects my opinion and agreed to vote for the incumbent.  The incumbent is a bit of an outlier but I feel is more dependable. 

But they keep calling Ron.  I played politics (even with the cracked molar!) with everyone, very nice to all and respectful, but I did draw conclusions I only shared with Ron (and here). 

I had better get going on the floor, it would be nice to take some photos of the cats eating.   

No comments: