Sunday, November 24, 2019

Sunday evening

I had a nice nap with Torbie and Cleo.  Cleo is getting to be a lot of fun, sleeping with me, licking my leg, etc.  I will probably never be able to pick her up or get her in my lap but she is still a very good little cat. 

I did wake up with a headache.  I took something as it was pretty bad.  Ron was awake, I got one of his last antibiotics into him and helped him find something.  He is always dropping things off the side of the bed.  I am thinking more and more about that shelf. 

I did something sort of mean.  The deadline to make a trip for tomorrow is 5 PM.  I asked Ron earlier to make a trip, he said he "had an alarm".  I waited until 4:35 and made the trip on my computer. 

I made it a one way as the boss is coming and that way we don't have to ditch her and run off.  She doesn't come very often (fine with me) so that will work. 

But I haven't said anything to him.  I will wait until he realizes it is too late, freaks out, and then tell him I made the trip.  The lesson being: make your trip when told. 

Ron asked about "that horrible noise coming from the front room" and I told him it was my computer.  The sound card is shot, it is an older computer so the guy will probably just say replace it.  I'm perfectly willing to do that but I have to neuter Spotty first and pay back my root canal.  The computer works, it even has a little sound from the mother board speaker, not very good but it will do until I can manage. 

Spotty is more important right now, I didn't like watching him with Cleo.  I will make it happen. 

Biscuit and Cleo are getting to be good friends, it is sweet to watch. 

I waited until after 5 and told Ron about the trip for tomorrow, he wasn't sorry, just matter of fact. 

One thing I have been wish listing: those automatic microchip feeders.  Those look pretty cool and prevent the wrong cat from eating the food.  They have some where the pet has to wear a tag.  My guys would never wear a tag.  One time I put a harness on Baby Girl to take her for a walk, she did "the worm" and got out of it.  And I had it on pretty snug. 

If Ron went in a nursing home I might put Baby Girl in a harness and bring her to visit.  They said I could have done that at the rehab hospital.  But it might just depress him. 

So, Spotty first. 
Paying on my root canal all along.  I can't believe I have to pay for that torture.  I should get $1,000 for sitting through it.  Anyway...
Fix cat cage
Computer desk for me.
New computer or fix this one (but the service call is $60 so probably just cheaper to buy a reconditioned one).
New chair for front room. 

You know, it was pretty ironic, before I got all the new cats I was thinking how easy it was to save up and have a nice little cushion (I need to rebuild that too).  But I will get it done. 

I am glad I got the cats, and very glad I did get the root canal and new glasses this year.  It is nice to know my eyes are great.  I do need to get them adjusted, they need the ears bent and made tighter at the temples.  Nice to have the tooth fixed and it will be interesting to chew on that side again when I get my permanent crown. 

I need to figure out dinner, I only have an hour left in my IF (intermittent fasting) window.  The headache is gone so I just need to figure out what looks good and will get along with my pills. 

Well, I had tuna for dinner.  I like it in mayo with lemon pepper.  Lots of healthy fats and protein.  I had a hardboiled egg with it, I buy them already cooked and peeled through Walmart.   BUT couldn't find the lemon pepper.  I made do.  I did splash tuna oil all over myself opening the can (that's a manic thing to do, buy tuna in oil, normally I get it in water), so I took a shower after I ate. 

Now I don't have to worry about a shower in the morning.  Anyway, it was a good meal and my eating window has closed for the day. 

8 hour intermittent fasting is definitely possible. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is the shelf going to stop him from dropping and lising stuff? More than likely he wont use the shelf or knock it down in a drunken stupor. Save your money. Forget the shelf.

Heather Knits said...

I'm thinking back to when I lived with my parents. I spent a lot of time in my room when I was home, for obvious reasons. I found an old wicker shelf one day and hung it in my room, it was so convenient. I could put my glasses, radio, etc. on it and didn't have to put them under my bed. I really loved it.

I am projecting he would find one equally useful.

Anonymous said...

He is not you and maybe instead you should put the shelf in your room. Did you talk to your parents today and reschedule phone call day?

Heather Knits said...

I can't put a shelf in my room because it would have to go on the wall that is the property line and the "little darlings" next door have shown a bad tendency of kicking a ball into the side of my house, repeatedly. I am OK but I think he would appreciate some storage.

I forgot about the phone call and by the time I remembered it was pretty much time to go to bed. I figured if they really wanted me they could have called me, and they didn't.

I will try them again today.