Friday, November 29, 2019

Thank God the broom still works

Today was just super frustrating on a lot of levels. 

Ron cancelled our ride to work today, which meant we have no money to buy inventory.  His solution was to go into work, after having not stocked for days, go in ONLY to take the money out, leave, and go to the bank. 

Do you know how ultimately pissed they would have been had he done that?  He also made plans to do this without consulting me, which also made me angry. 

I said I was happy to go in, and stock, then take the money.  He said no. 

I blew up at him for being irresponsible.  "We'll take it out of savings" he replied. 

We don't have any savings.  

I said I could take it out of my personal emergency money - which I will not offer again - IF HE PAID ME BACK TOMORROW.  All day he has been making excuses why he can't pay me back tomorrow so apparently this is going the route of all the other unpaid crap. 

But I have a key to the vending machines and I will get my money.  Next time we can just run out of inventory and he can explain that.  Because, as of today, I am DONE bailing him out. 

If he wants to go in on a money grab and ignore the customers and the vending machines, so be it.  He is taking his job for granted and no one is EVER 100% secure.  They don't owe him anything, I think he feels entitlement because one of them put him in the wheelchair.  When I am calmer I will explain this to him.  They don't care about that and they don't owe him a damned thing.

So I left.  I saw some vultures on the way....literal vultures, stopped and took a picture for my stepmother.  And I got to the street to see my bus leaving on the other side of the street.  The driver MIGHT have waited if I had just run into traffic but one of us in a wheelchair is enough.  So I had to wait a half hour. 

Then the disabled guy gets on - there is always one, a different every time.  This one was flirting with me and asking me about Ron, and I really didn't want to think about Ron.  I had a very long ride to the store. 

One woman behind me pulled my hair as she sat down... not sure that was an accident.  I pulled it in front of me so she couldn't continue.  She didn't say sorry either. 

I get to Walmart, eventually, you don't want to know how long it took.  I was hungry. 

It was in my eating window so I got a couple of plain double cheeseburgers, add bbq.  They were very good.  I got some plain burgers for Cleo of course. 

I got my pills.  That went fine.  They were out of my tampons.  I had to get a store brand.  I am not on my cycle yet but due any day.  I had to have something.  I did my shopping, that was fine. 

Ron called and wanted chicken.  He really didn't get it.  I was still angry and he had totally forgotten.  It made me realize he just doesn't get it.  It's like fighting with a fence post.  The post doesn't understand my motivations or care to understand me.  I said fine. 

I really didn't want a 2 hour ride home on the bus.  I resolved to take a cab.  I got some ice cream, some chicken nuggets (we did need those) and some chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce on them already.  Ron is eating all things chicken nugget these days so I will feed him as much as he'll eat.  I found some eggnog and whipped cream to put on top (I thought that sounded so good), etc. 

I got some of the soup for cats, and some soda since I was taking a cab.  I forgot to get drink mix. 

I paid and called Arturo, and went to voicemail, only now understanding he had taken the day off.  I called Alex and went to voicemail.  I was starting to get nervous, it's Black Friday and I'm at a Walmart and GOOD LUCK getting a cab today.  Here.  And I had frozen foods and heavy soda. 

SHIT.
CRAP
F*CK

Something told me to call Alex again, I did.  He picked up and I asked if he was working today.  He said yes.  I asked if he would come and get me, he said yes.  He said it would be a while and asked if that was OK. 

I really didn't see another option so I said yes.  I would rather go with a known driver than call the cab company and get who knows? 

I had a long wait.  I was OK with that but I did call at the end and verify he was still coming.  He said yes.  He appeared shortly after. 

I was so worried he hadn't understood me and was across town at dinner somewhere. 

We loaded the bags and he took me home.  Ron was drunk, in the kitchen.  I got some of the new chicken nuggets into him.  I cleaned him up (the sauce coated nuggets are VERY messy) and then got him into bed. 

The floor was disgusting so I asked if he was going anywhere, he said no.  So I got out the vacuum and carpet cleaner.  The vac did not work, basically vomited a pile of junk onto my carpet. 

WELL SHIT. 

I got the broom (good old broom) and swept Ron's carpet in preparation for the carpet cleaner.  I prepped the carpet cleaner, more cats fled, and I plugged it and turned it on, moving it around...and it didn't work either. 

I was so angry I almost threw the whole carpet cleaner across the room.  I will just have to stand on that disgusting, filthy, carpet until Mr Hoarder PICKS UP ALL HIS CRAP so we can get a professional company to come out.  I took both units out to the curb, the vac and the carpet cleaner. 

Neither cost much but I needed them to work today and they didn't.  I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on new appliances so I can clean up urinal spills.  I would honestly rather strip his room, pull up the carpet,and get waterproof laminate for the same amount of money. 

I shouted at Ron a little bit about his nasty, pissy, room and the disgustingness of it all.  I was UNHAPPY with it. 

I really expected the carpet cleaner to work at the least, but it is very old (we got it before the accident in 2003).  The vac only cost about $40 and is bagless - I am with the poster who suggested a bag vac only.  My next one will be. 

But crappy equipment on top of everything else just did wonders for my mood.  I am NOT HAPPY right now.  I am feeling cheated by Ron and betrayed by my equipment, the bus company, etc. 

You can bet I did take my oregano oil (immunity) and a big spoon of powdered vitamin C in my instant tea just now. 

Thank God my broom still works.  And the cats are good so there's that. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they have this one at Walmart for $56.00

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BISSELL-PowerForce-Bagged-Upright-Vacuum-1739/104757366?selected=true

Heather Knits said...

Good reviews on the vac... I will ask Ron to help out, make a deposit and get one (likely).

I am not going to post some comments and I think the people who wrote them know why.

I don't mind someone slapping me, Ron, or even my parents but others are off limits.

Heather Knits said...

Deleting all mean comments.

My aunt and uncle have offered to pay for rehab for Ron if he wants it. Even my own parents wouldn't do that. Ron is going to go along his little track until he reaches the end of the line, derails, or chooses to switch to a better track.

There is really nothing I can do that's going to affect that.

Anonymous said...

You need a vacuum more than you need ice cream, egg nog, whipped cream, soda, soup for cats or burgers for Cleo.

You had mentioned that the vacuum was broken before. You knew.

Ron isn't the only one making irresponsible choices.

Heather Knits said...

Pretty sure I said I didn't know if it worked... now I do know.

So I am supposed to not eat in order to "save" money for a vacuum I will only use in 1/3 the house? Carpeted floors? That isn't logical. Or "responsible".

If I "need" anything it is a carpet cleaner as Ron's carpet is still disgusting.

Anonymous said...

No, but you waste so much money on junk food, your diet is so unhealthy! It's why you are overweight-you act like size 22 is normal, nooo it is not! I was so proud of you when you were working out, another waste of money buying all that equipment. All your pills may keep you from being manic, but you are out of control with the rest of your life that you could, with some effort have better control.

Your house is a disaster, there is no excuse for so much garbage and boxes of stuff laying around your house. You said some of the boxes are bibles, why are you holding on to them? They're not doing people any good sitting in your house. Give them to a church, or someone else to hand them out. If you decide to start bible giveaways again you can order them again.

I have some suggestions I wish you would consider. There are many food delivery's for prepared meals you can just pop in the microwave. Or, maybe even one of the diet plans like Weight Watchers. I know you can qualify for Meals On Wheels. All healthier than you're eating now.

I assume Ron is not on Social Security. He should apply now (not SSI, but regular SSA) then he can also be on Medicare. You should apply for disability, I know you know it takes a long time so do it now, then you can get Medicaid. Now is the time to do it, Ron won't be able to hang on to the business much longer, and you're burned out. If you don't both apply now what's going to happen if the business suddenly isn't there, you will have no income at all, and no insurance. You can't just wait till it happens because you'll be up a creek with nothing. Take control make a plan now before it's too late!

Anonymous said...

You can’t use a carpet cleaner without vacuuming. Sweeping carpet isn’t enough. If you have carpet you NEED a vacuum even a cheap one.

Heather Knits said...

Ron is on SS disability which will change to retirement SS when he turns 65. He already has Medicare.

I honestly think disability is going to say I am not "enough". I can do quite a bit physically and they may be looking for a combo pack (physically and mental). Also I believe the income limit is $1,100 a month and I make $1,200. Not saying no but some issues.

I wouldn't qualify for Medicaid due to business income which is run through the business account so they would find it even if I lied (not willing to). So far I have been healthy just need to build up my savings again.

Anonymous said...

“I honestly think disability is going to say I am not "enough". I can do quite a bit physically and they may be looking for a combo pack (physically and mental). Also I believe the income limit is $1,100 a month and I make $1,200. Not saying no but some issues. “

Have Ron keep some money so your salary goes down?

Heather Knits said...

I think they do a year look back.

If necessary, I will absolutely apply. I am aware they are very strict on who qualifies now. I am aware it is a 1-2 year process to get approved, and they are no longer doing the big back payments like they did.