Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday morning

Ron has proven very amenable to taking his medication.  Normally he fights me on any sort of pill SAVE his motion sickness.  But has agreed to take this every 8 hours. 

He took it when I got home, took it last night and this morning.  He let me dress his wound and went back to bed.  I am having a problem with the bandage coming off.  The injury is right at wedding band level and I think the betadine is keeping it from getting a good adhesion (whooo!  big word!).  So that is a little troubling as I would rather keep it covered.  Worst case I will use gauze and tape on top of it. 

He went back to bed after I did that.  I will wake him up about an hour before we leave so he can take his motion sickness pill, although he says he does not need it when he rides in the back of the vehicle.  I find that very interesting.  Anyway, I will give it, he will take it. 

I am glad I can get it cheap from Amazon.  I should probably get another bottle as backup (it is about $5). 

I slept really well aside from getting up to give Ron his pill last night.  I felt very refreshed when I got up which is very unusual.  I take it when I get it!  I even had some energy, not mania level but enough.  So after I finished with Ron, I cleaned the litter boxes, took it out, washed my hands very well, and had some pop tarts for breakfast.  Yes, I know they are all garbage carbs, and I need protein.  But they help me get my morning pills down which is always hard for me. 

I still have a hard time accepting I need an antidepressant.  One of the many reasons I could use some counseling.  [sticks tongue out]. 

Biscuit is being very attentive this morning.  The other cats ate his dry so he wanted more.  He had been very interested in getting into the liver and chicken Friskies but was very good and did not, instead asking me for more dry. 

It took me a while to figure it out.  It must be very frustrating to be a cat, sometimes. 

It is working a lot better for me to take care of the litter boxes in the morning every day so I will keep up with that.  I did buy more probiotics which is all I will say. 

Cleo is becoming more and more cuddly.  I doubt she will ever get in my lap but she is a good girl.  I am glad I did not do a TNR.  She loves living in a house, the cat condos, the company.  She is safe.  I am glad I took a chance and listed to Sara at the vet. 

I just need to get Spotty done now.  He is clearly unaltered.  Sometimes he tries to rape Cleo but she always kicks his butt.  He is probably the one cat trying to get out more than the others, because he wants to go make sweet little orange kittens. 

Mama cat is happy she is safe, not super cuddly but the reliable "nearby" cat.  I have Biscuit and Torbie for intensive petting and cuddles.  Ron has Baby Girl for that, and sometimes the other cats get into his bed.  He loves that. 

I found something on Facebook that will solve part of my Christmas presents.  Well, I have 2 main gifts to buy, my parents, and my aunt.  Parents are easy I just need to take some steps.  My aunt and I talked about something years ago and I made a note.  I may give some cash gifts. 

I don't like to brag about "good works" because Jesus basically said that negates them.  But I will do my best to help out people who really need it. 

It is so nice to know I am done with the litter boxes, for the day.  I did read that pooping just outside the box (an occasional issue here) can be linked to a cat not liking the type of litter.  I hope not.  I have cases of it on hand (I don't want to run out of cat supplies) but that is why we have disinfecting products. 

I did order a tall-sided litter box that should work for everyone, even Torbie.  That is going in the location of the primary box at my computer room doorway.  That box always needs scooping.  It is the largest they make, as well, so plenty of room to turn around.  The current box in the doorway will go to my bedroom.  The box in my bedroom will be dumped, sterilized, and put in the garage.  It would be good for someone with a new kitten and no other cats, but just not big enough for my guys.  Having typed that I will probably just get rid of it.  Don't be a hoarder!  That's my motto. 

I need to see if I have laundry I can do before I take my shower. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baylor counseling
https://www.houstoncasemanagers.com/low-cost-counseling-houston/#Baylor_Counseling_Clinic

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to buy your parents and aunt Christmas presents? On your low and limited income it seems ridiculous and even more so that you are going to give them cash. Are they really that hard up that they need to take money from you? Maybe put an end to the Christmas present buying since it is pretty much a wash with the presents you get from your parents and aunt anyway. Not to mention your parents are old how many more trinkets and do-dads do they really need at this stage in their lives? Maybe a gift certificate to a restaurant or movie tickets would be a better gift. This way they can be used and enjoyed right away. Even if it is only $25 it is a lot cheaper than mailing gifts (post office shipping rates are through the roof now and UPS and FedEx are even worse). Just my suggestions since you have had such an expensive year financially.

Heather Knits said...

I like giving presents. That said I am not giving cash, I will not spend alot either.

I don't want to divulge too much because I know my aunt reads, unsure of my parents, but the one gift starts at $10. The other gift is a little sadistic in a way I can explain later.

Heather Knits said...

Baylor is a great one, a little far on the bus. I may start by looking for a caregiver support board, I am sure they have them.

Anonymous said...

https://www.caring.com/caregivers/

Heather Knits said...

I read a little, very depressing link.