Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wednesday morning

I slept really well last night and didn't get up when I heard Ron moving around.  I slept in as late as I could, 8:30.  When I did get up I taped on some magnets, gave him some painkiller, etc.  He said he was having "gas pains" but did not want any medication.  I have chewable gas tablets, they are very effective. Happily I seldom need them for myself (1-2 times a year), but enough that I know they work. 

No, he said, and kept saying.  Are you running a fever?  Nausea?  No.  It is in his lower right quadrant but no signs of appendix trouble.  I told him to let me know if he did have an issue. 

Pretty good spirits for him today, his only complaint the magnets on his leg kept sticking to the wheelchair when he moved.   We talked a little, had a good time. 

He is very affectionate today.  The trash company came and got the recycles, I brought the can up.  I spent enough time outside to appreciate it is nice and cool, but not too cold, sunny and clear.  Nice fall weather for Houston.  63. 

Ron of course has the heater on full blast. 

I cleaned the litter boxes and the urinal, have the urinal soaking in bleach water.  Mama cat let me know she prefers Iams Chicken formula to the wet food, and begged until I gave her some dry.  She was really cute eating it.  Then she came over and rubbed against my ankles for a while, purring.  She's a good cat.  Cleo is playing with a squeaky mouse. 

He is saying today he will not go to my aunt's house.  I will have to see what he feels like tomorrow.  This is of course assuming she feels well enough to have company.  If she doesn't I got some TV turkey dinners. 

I got the gift for my stepmother and had it shipped to her house.  That is all done.  I don't care if she opens it early but I am 95% sure she will like it.  I will explain more after she opens it. 

Right now I am just hanging out in front of my computer, feeling lazy, making sure Biscuit does not eat the wrong food.  I like to leave it out as much as I can so everyone can snack.  The older girls don't like to eat when anyone else is around.  Mama and the kittens make quite a mob at feeding time. 

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liver pain is on the right side of the body.

Heather Knits said...

This was appendix area but it went away when he used the toilet so I think he was just constipated. I need to remember to encourage him to drink water when he gets abdominal pains, usually that fixes it right there. He is always dehydrated. I try but he just won't hydrate.

His liver is starting to get cranky per an ultrasound a few years back; he had fatty deposits. Next step is scarring from my understanding.

Anonymous said...

My dad was having bad liver tests but he never went into detail only said he "wasn't happy about it"