Friday, November 8, 2019

Friday afternoon

I slept pretty well most of the night, but a nightmare woke me up: the kids next door throwing firecrackers at Spotty and him, of course, freaking out.  I was so happy to wake up and find him happy and begging.  I did pick him up (he is the only cat who allows this, but he DOES NOT tolerate kissing), pet him, gave him a little hug, glad he is safe. 

I did the usual day off morning things, fixed Ron something to eat, gave Cleo some burger, fed the cats (Cleo gets about 4 square inches at a time - two by two inches-, of burger, when I treat her), put the probiotics on the wet food - seeing good results from them and will be keeping that up.  They are pretty cheap ($20) and last a long time.  I want my cats healthy. 

I have been thinking of changing up their dry to all-chicken because I read the fish cat foods have struvite in them, and guess what stones Biscuit had?  That's right, Struvite.  I am thinking fish meals can't be good for Spotty, either.  Just thinking right now as I have plenty of cat food for a while, but when it runs out I will probably just do chicken flavor only. 

I got my clothes out of the dryer, I had one pair of jeans too big, I washed them before I hung them up in the "too big" part of my closet.  I got online for a while.  I had something to eat and then took my antidepressant.  I got Ron to take his vitamins.  I cleaned his leg, scab is about 2.5 inches long by a half inch wide.  This time I used neosporin in addition to the betadine.  The irritation is much better and the surrounding skin is about recovered from the allergic reaction to his bandage. 

I decided to go pay the electric bill while I had the energy, if you will pardon the pun.  I got ready, I went outside and it was pretty miserable (50's, overcast, damp, and windy).  I got my "big coat" the one I bought last year.  It wasn't cheap but days like this I am really happy I have it. 

I had some trouble getting Ron back into bed at one point, and someone was calling my phone.  Ron kept telling me "Your phone is ringing" and I told him "I am helping you now".  I have no problem turning it off if I am focused on someone, not just Ron. 

I called Arturo, who said he would love to get me.  We went to the store.  It was pretty quiet.  I paid the bill and did my shopping, I took my time.  I don't need any first aid supplies and one of the websites said not to use scented detergents if you are getting over dermatitis (skin irritation) so that was out.  I got everything on the list, protein bars, yogurt. 

A note: when I was toxic from the lithium I could not consume any dairy, but that resolved in a few weeks as my GI tract rebuilt itself.  Your gut is always rebuilding which is one reason you need to make sure you are getting a good mix of vitamins, protein, and probiotics.  So I got what is for me a lot of yogurt just because I am so happy I can do it again.  I got more burger patties and sliced cheese, Ron actually called me to ask about that.  I have plenty of buns. 

I looked at oral care stuff but I didn't see anything I needed right now.  I did buy a package of some more toothbrushes and some dry mouth lozenges which actually live up to the job.  I got some protein shakes as well.  I am not sure which way my mood is going to go but I want easy depression food.  Right now I take literally 3 minutes putting together a burger and Ron feels loved, and is fed, all day.  That is a win; of course I'm doing more of that...as long as he'll eat them.  They are also great for me to eat and come delivered. 

I got my toilet paper - and boy I learned a lesson about cheating on my brand, that other stuff was AWFUL.  Then I headed over to the cat department.  I didn't need litter.  I didn't need dry, but I looked at it.  I looked at wet, they still sell the store brand mixed grill which was very popular with my gang.  It is cheaper than the old stuff but I don't care about that because they're my cats.  I will eat the cheap store brands and they get name brands, if that's what it takes.  But they are happy with the store brand, so, when they run low, I can buy this.  Happy about that and they really do love it. 

When I was on Chewy last night working on my Christmas list I noticed they were out of Friskies canned so I was really glad I did have extras at the house.  So I didn't get cat food.  I looked at treats but we have plenty. 

I went over to the next aisle and got some filters for the water fountains.  Everyone loves the fountains and I want to keep the water fresh.  Then I looked at toys.  They had one scratcher that was cardboard and hung over a doorknob.  My guys love cardboard scratchers so I got that ($4).  Then I saw one I had actually put on my wish list at Chewy, it is a sisal scratcher, hangs over a doorknob, has silver vine and catnip. 

That is a dynamic herbal duo, all the cats get so stoned and roll around so happy... I got that.  $7 I believe.  Now I was ready to check out, and I did. 

I went outside even though it was cold because they had a strange man sitting on the bench.  I had my stun gun but I didn't want to put myself in a situation I could just as easily avoid.  So I waited outside.  I called Arturo.  He said 40 minutes.  I said I didn't mind waiting. 

I had bought him the six pack of Dr Pepper you see in the photo, but I didn't tell him that.  Boy was he happy to get it!  I also gave him a little extra on top of his regular tip because he helped me with the packages. 

He left, I closed the garage door and went in the house.  Torbie went after the silver vine scratcher before I even got it out of the package, I hung it up and all the cats were after it in short order.  I feel like I am getting my money's worth.  I put everything away and took my antibiotic with some yogurt.  I like the whipped yogurt on occasion and Yoplait does a pretty good cherry cheesecake one.  I took a nap, it was a cold, overcast, winter day. 

I woke up with a headache.  About that - I had a pretty bad one this morning that caffeine did not touch.  I believe I overdid it.  I have been taking large doses of painkiller for weeks now, and probably in medication overuse headache territory as I cut back.  AND I'm going to cut out all the soda?  Not, apparently, at the same time.  So I did buy some soda and have resolved to gradually reduce my intake. 

I was doing a six pack of 16.9 ounce bottles (500 ml) a day before my tooth went bad.  I will cut it to three bottles and then reduce it from there.  I have caffeine pills if I have a need for them.  I think that will work better than suddenly cutting out the pain medication and the soda at the same time. 

I will remind you I was "only" taking ibuprofen, very large doses but nothing narcotic because I would have to be really stupid to mix addictive, mind-altering drugs with a damaged brain.  That's just not wise in any way. 

I did talk to my aunt and she thinks she can get me a referral to a neurologist.  For Ron, with the memory issues.  It could be anything from "He had another stroke" to "too much vodka".  But we would like to hear it. 

It smells pissy over here.  I am going to clean the litter boxes. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
In the past, you have mentioned tracts that you passed out. Which ones did you favor? Thanks in advance.....

Heather Knits said...

Grace and Truth
World Missionary Press

Both are really good. I like "Have a good day and thank you" from Grace and Truth, it is nice to leave with a tip when eating out. Be the person who leaves a really good tip with the tract. :)