Sunday, November 10, 2019

And... there's the depression again

I had a pretty good run this morning, got the bedding washed, I had to soak his in sanitizer for an hour first, then run a regular load.  My sheets I just washed with detergent.  Then dry them, remake the bed.. had some TROUBLE with various cats getting up on my bed... took about an hour to get my bed made. 

I couldn't just shove them off the bed like an animal, could I?  Absolutely not.  So I would dive in there and do what I could when the cats wandered off.  Finally got that bed made with heated mattress pad, flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillowcases, wool blanket, fleece blanket.  I like that arrangement the best in winter.  I also set up Torbie's house in the bed and various towels laid on surfaces for the cats.  They love to lie on a towel, try it if you have a cat.  Leave a towel folded on the couch. 

I helped Ron with various things as well, organized the laundry room since I was spending so much time in there, took out arm and bag loads of trash, one big load of recycles.  I do try to recycle when I can.  It is easy enough with the can. 

When I was a girl in CA, we had 3 bins, one for paper, plastic, and glass.  It was BIG TROUBLE if you put the wrong thing in the bin.  We didn't really do it as I recall.  The new system of throw everything into one can and we will sort it works much better for me, and the average homeowner. 

Of course I had to clean 7 litter boxes too.  Good results from the probiotics.  Wash my hands.  Fill up the water bowls.  Cleo wanted some burger, rubbing against my ankles and I even got a meow.  So I had to do that - she didn't want much, maybe a tablespoon.  Feed Mama cat and Spotty.  Keep Biscuit out of the other cats' food.  You get the idea, usual household things. 

DID NOT clean the floors.  Except for around the litter boxes where the cats are kicking litter. 

I also got out a heavy knit afghan I made for Ron, years ago, it is knit in garter stitch and I believe is 6 feet square.  It took a while but used up all my scraps.  I will put it on him and take a photo one day. 

Let me see if I have one in my cloud already. 

There we go.  It is all acrylic so easy enough.  Gravy was pulling threads on it so I put it away, but he's gone now.  And I would rather have it "used up" than just sit in storage.  It is very warm and Ron loves it due to "no holes".  I had a lot of fun making it.  

It was just garter stitch, on circular needles, worsted weight yarn leftovers.  30 stitches wide I believe.  I would do 2-4 rows of black at the end of each swatch, then start the new color.  I single crocheted the strips together and then around the outside.  It was a good project, not too difficult.  

Looking at it I can tell it is 5 feet square, still pretty big.  

I put it in a storage box in his room so he can take it out as desired.  Sometimes he gets a chill at night.  I just gave him his light fleece blanket, between the two he will be fine.  

We have a cold front coming in tomorrow night.  

I crashed into a depression about the time I did the litter boxes.  It was really nice out today, sunny, mild, 70's.  I wish we had gotten out, he could have used the fresh air and sunshine as much as I would have, but it didn't work out.  I am going to take my shower tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow morning.  

And depression food, I have gotten addicted to the cup of noodles with my electric kettle, very easy to make and I love noodles.  Nice portion control too.  I put a protein shake in the fridge so I can do that with the noodles.  Worst case.  

Best case I will get more ambitious and serve something out of the freezer.  I have a good amount of soft foods.  

My tooth is OK (unless I grind) but my jaw is pretty sore still.  It was hauled on a lot in a one week period so I'm not surprised, giant needles stuck in it, etc.  So I am just going to take it easy for a while until I feel up to it.  

In the meantime I was told not to chew on my temporary crown so I will listen to that.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like your dentist didn’t do a good job on your root canal.

What is the black stuff in the pitcher on the blue bin?

Pretty blanket.

Heather Knits said...

If you're talking about the cat photo that is a zebra print throw I was given. If it's the other photo with the fluorescent lamp it might be spilled potting soil - but that was taken 10 years ago.

I believe the dentist did a good job, he sure took his time being diligent... BUT I tend to tense up and clench my jaw so they had to keep it shoved open for hours... that was a little rough but my fault. He has done a couple root canals on Ron and Ron has never had a speck of trouble aside from an infection - his fault as his oral care is abysmal and he won't even brush before going to the dentist.

I did buy a mouth guard today so that should help a lot. ***It may also explain why I got so many [censored] headaches every time I laid down. *** If I am grinding that would do it.

Friend said...

I remember that blanket you did such a great job on it! I hope you can do some knitting this winter ....perhaps make some cat toys?