Monday, November 11, 2019

Well, the mouth guard was a fail

Well, that was a really unpleasant experience with the tooth guard.  It was one of those, boil, then stick in your mouth, deals. 

Well, the mold wouldn't soften even though I microwaved the water to a boil, did the whole molding process, said screw it, got out my electric kettle. 

I decided if I was boiling water now would be a great time to put some in a cup of noodles.  Since I was wanting some anyway.  I filled the kettle to accommodate both and when it came to a "rolling boil" poured it over the mouth guard and also some into my noodles.  I let it sit as directed - AGAIN, and stuck it in my mouth again and kept gagging and drooling and just a really unpleasant experience almost up there with the root canal (by the way, my jaw is feeling better). 

And it didn't work the second time, either.  Now I was pissed.  I threw it all away, I was looking at some other guards that have really good reviews.  You get a set of them for $20.  You can use each guard for up to a month.  That seemed reasonable.  They ought to last forever if they work and everyone loved them, specifically mentioned no gagging in a couple of reviews, even better now that I had experienced "the standard" mouth guard. 

So those are ordered.  I will let you know how these work. 

Ron fell asleep and thank God for it.  He was just really difficult today. 

I did get everything done, work, got the grocery delivery, put it away, helped Ron repeatedly, cleaned all the boxes.  Oh, I forgot, I got the Iams chicken for the cats, the dry food in the orange bag. 

Since Momma cat & company are a little "digestive", I just mixed in a little with their dry, and they gobbled it up.   So it looks like a good transition.  I will slowly phase them to probably Just Iams Chicken and leave it at that. 

I just hear so much about the fishy cat foods and Struvite, and EVERY FLUTD cat I had was eating something "fishy" when they had their attacks. 

I need to make a deposit and then I will buy Biscuit another big bag of his formula.  I like to keep 2 bags, the one I am using and the spare.  I just used up one bag and just have the spare, which will of course become the one I am using.  I have most of a 10 pound canister filled with his food, so I am OK for a couple of days on that.  I just worry there may be a problem and I couldn't get ahold of it for a while, and this is literally life and death for Biscuit. 

He still adores it, just loves eating it.  And it is so good for him so I am delighted to feed it.  I might get him some wet but I am still deciding on that, he doesn't really eat much of it. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don’t pour the boiling water over it, you put a pot on the stove until it’s boiling and let the guard in it until it is soft and use a fork or something to fish it out, let it cool enough to bite, then do it. I played hockey, this is the way it goes.

Heather Knits said...

The directions on this said boil the water in the microwave, take it out, submerge guard. Soak some minutes, take out, form, then if it didn't stick to your teeth or have impressions to do it again. The second time I used water I saw boil, poured it into the cup, then dunked the guard, did it all over again and nothing.

Hockey seems like it would be good to get the stress out.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh... you did it right.

From what you wrote I thought you just poured the boiling water on it and didn’t submerge!

That’s annoying!

Heather Knits said...

I left a vicious review on Amazon. Normally I rave about everything and try to stay positive but, in my Dad's words, I had nothing nice to say.

Anonymous said...

Return it.