Friday, November 29, 2019

Friday morning

The devil wants me to hate other races.  I see that, and know that. 

It is hard to remember at 3 AM when one of my "neighbors" is playing loud mexican polka music.  Off and on at a very high volume, all night.  It all sounds the same, like the same song on auto repeat for several hours. 

Maybe. 

At any rate it kept both Ron and I up all night so we didn't go to work this morning.  That is money lost but we wouldn't have been any good. 

Because someone wanted to stay up all night playing polkas.  RUDE!

I never pull this shit, you can't hear my computer in the next room, much less down the block because I would NEVER do that even when Ron and I are fighting.  And I am mentally ill, in an abusive marriage, caregiver burnout on top like a [censored] cupcake and I STILL don't do it. 

RUDE.  This time I do not think it was #6, but someone influenced by their party - 'If they can make noise all night so can I!"  Possibly a renter, they tend not to have good internal codes of what is appropriate in a suburban neighborhood. 

It makes a lot of sense when I realize Section 8 pays for rentals in my neighborhood, I just thought #10 had really bad luck picking tenants but it is starting to make sense now.  So possibly them. 

I don't know, I honestly don't care, but I do need my sleep.  I HAVE to work tomorrow. 

#6 ought to be quiet until Christmas eve and then quiet for months after that.  Which begs the question, do I "let" them off the chain with the party going insane until 3-4 AM screaming and making racket?  Or do I call the police "early and often" to shut them up?  I am still debating on that. 

Or we could take the credit card and rent a hotel room.  There is one not horribly far from work we could use.  I wouldn't feel good about leaving the cats, though, in that case. 

But that is a month away so I have time. 

They had an adult punch at the party yesterday and sent some home in a soda bottle for Ron.  I put it in the trunk when we drove home.  He liked it and it was tame enough it didn't get him wasted. 

You might think I would object but he is going to drink anyway.  This is only 1-2 times a year.  He still has to call Arturo for the vodka on a daily basis. 

I just had a good time petting Spotty, he was very cute meowing and wanting petting.  It is hard to remember he was timid at first, and would flinch when I pet him.  But he did very well with the "pet him while he eats" routine and is very cuddly now. 

Speaking of cuddly, when I woke up around 8 this morning (after I went back to bed at 4), Cleo was in my bed, sleeping with me.  She ran off when I tried to pet her but really good progress, sleeping with me, surrounded by my scent, safe, etc.  I have programmed myself not to move in certain areas of the bed and she likes one of them, the bottom left corner.  I got some petting once I was up and gave her some hamburger, and some more petting. 

She is progressing nicely.  I don't think she would do well around little kids but could absolutely live with some older adults.  Like me :p  I am glad I gave her a chance, she has done really well and I am very proud of her. 

Which leads to memories of how the brats next door terrorized her, but the children at the party were kind, sweet, considerate human beings.  They required watching but even having a good time did not make a lot of racket, compared to next door.  The kids treated the ancient family dog with respect and consideration.  So did the adults, the dog was valued, cherished, and respected. 

That's a good family structure.  Now I am sure there have been bad things.  But overall so much better and I would NEVER call those kids "a brat".  Because they're not.  They would likely scare Cleo just being children but I venture Mama, Torbie, and Spotty would like them if treats were involved. 

I need to see that because my world view can get skewed being exposed to the worst sometimes.  But it is quiet now at least, the cats are happy. 

Ron went to sleep when I did and did his "restless and talking loudly in his sleep" thing around 8 when I decided to get up.  I did go in his room when it sounded like he called me - he was yelling "I love you" at maximum volume for a while there but still asleep, hope it was directed at me!  Anyway he was in bed with his legs pressed together and Baby Girl looking frustrated. 

Baby Girl prefers Ron to have his legs apart so she can lie between them.  So I dragged one leg off to the side, above his mumbled protests, so she could get situated.  She looked up at me, very happy, and settled in, Ron woke up a little and started petting her. 

If Baby Girl wants Ron she's going to get him.  My #1 job is making God happy.  #2 job is making the cats happy.  Speaking of some kitten mayhem in the front room. 

I know at least one reader is considering adopting a cat.  I would give some advice, if you'll take it. 


  • Black cats have terrible adoption rates due to the "bad luck" crap.  
  • No one wants an older cat, as I was told at the shelter.  
  • An old, black, cat would be awesome.  
  • If you don't find a senior get 2 kittens, they will entertain each other and be great company when you are gone.  They will each love you on their own, but they will have each other for play and love as well.  
  • The last 2 times I ended up with a kitten they came in 2-packs and it worked out very well.  Very little work and two kittens are really half the work.  
  • It is a lot of fun to watch 2 kittens running around and playing.  
That's just my take.  

If I won the lotto and I could do anything I would love to foster mom cats and their kittens until the kittens are ready to adopt.  I think that would be so awesome and so much fun to watch the family grow.  Although I would probably keep the mom cat once the babies were grown.  

So maybe not fostering.  But I could make some nice donations to the shelter!  We have several in Houston.  I would not do the SPCA shelter because everyone gives to them and they pass on a lot of the cats they pick up, to the county shelters.  

The county shelters are underfunded and overrun, I would work with them.  I got Torbie from BARC and they did a very good job with her.  

I have to say my guys really seem to like the Iams dry cat food.  I have been feeding less wet just because they like the dry so much and the litter box indicates the food is beneficial.  

They love it so much I got an extra bag for "just in case".  And everyone likes it.  Since it is chicken I don't have to worry as much about struvite (found in fish, and VERY bad for Biscuit) so I don't freak if he gets a bite.  

Torbie has lost some weight but is a good weight, nice and trim, just a little over ideal weight.  Nothing to take her to the vet over.  

I will be clear: my animals will not suffer.  Biscuit could be treated and had a good shot at recovery, so I gave that to him.  If he continues to get blocked and the vet says it is time to end this that will happen.  

If Torbie gets a terminal condition (cancer, kidneys) I will keep her comfortable as long as possible and then do the merciful thing.  

Ron is very codependent with Baby Girl so I will have the unwelcome task of telling him to let her go.  He did say he would want the full package (paw print, urn, etc.) when she goes.  I am sure one of the other cats would assume her role as Cuddle Cat when she's gone.   

Me, I'm like "I don't care what you do with them".  Because I know the cat is with God and the body is just an empty envelope at that point.  Of course they won't do that but a group cremation is fine in my book, and I don't need any ashes or stuff.  

Ron woke up and was telling me he watched a Garth Brooks concert last night, he seemed to enjoy it.  I saw Baby Girl was a little matted and I got the grooming scissors.  One of the mats I got the upper part but the lower part is right next to her skin and I can't get that off without cutting her.  

So, off to the vet to be groomed, probably next week, because like I said my cats will not suffer and that cannot be comfortable.  She is happy laying with Ron right now, who said he is going back to sleep.  

Likely I will be going to Walmart today to get my pills, I would rather get them today than Sunday, and the buses run better today.  I don't think the budget is going to permit a cab ride.  

Especially if I am getting Baby Girl groomed.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

“ They had an adult punch at the party yesterday and sent some home in a soda bottle for Ron”

*sigh*

Heather Knits said...

What's a drop in an ocean? It was about 2 servings of alcohol, if that. Nothing for him.

I am not going to publish the entire other comment but I will quote some: "I see now it is you not him that is the problem and your attitude towards it that keeps him drunk. Maybe you are one of those people that likes to complain but secretly loves the drama."

No, I do not like drama. I want a boring life. I have had men sent to me who could have created a whole lot of drama in my marriage and I said no to all of them. I take my meds, eliminating quite a bit more drama.

Ron is a drunk because he is a drunk. Bringing him alcohol 2x a year (assuming I am invited to Christmas) is not the problem. Him buying a case of vodka a week (roughly) is. I don't help him do that.

Some would probably accuse me of being an enabler because I help him into bed when he drinks. Well, if I don't he's on the floor and I wouldn't let a serial killer lay on that floor. I also get his pain pills from the pharmacy, so you could throw rocks at me for that, too.

At the end of it when he does kill himself we will see if I am legally liable for it. I hope not.

Heather Knits said...

To the other comment, they did send a plate, and the punch. Now if they had sent Everclear I might have balked but this is very tame by Ron standards.

Anonymous said...

You don't even get this mad at ron and he keeps you awake or wakes you up more often then the 2 or 3 times a year your neighbors do it. And do you really give a shit if ron loses sleep?

Heather Knits said...

First of all, it was a lot more than a few times a year in the past (next door parties). It was a couple of times a month, on weeknights. Friday/Saturday nights I could understand but some guy screaming a sermon, in Spanish, on a megaphone? At 11 PM on a Tuesday?

So they have a track record of late night disrespectful gatherings. My aunt's family abundantly illustrated you can have a very large family gathering, with children, DURING THE DAY and respect your neighbors.

But next door they seem to have a policy of: "As loud as we can, as late as we can". It was very bad with them COMING ON MY PROPERTY as well and screaming, running around in my yard being reckless. Of me finding unattended toddlers in my yard because the big kids left the gate open. So I revoked permission AND I built a gate they cannot access. They responded to that by breaking a hole in my fence.

Ron, on occasion, falls getting into bed or has a blackout in the middle of the night. That is much different in my book. I get angry about the blackout stuff but (knock on wood) he has been pretty good about those lately. Falling is not generally his fault because he is so crippled.

And sometimes the cats make noise in the middle of the night, they did last night and woke us both up. I don't blame the cats but I didn't feed them either, I don't want to "seal" that as this is what we do when we're bored and hungry at 3 AM.

Heather Knits said...

Also I do care if Ron loses sleep because I have to live with him the next day, he can be very sluggish and cranky, very difficult to manage.

The other night he just cancelled work and went back to bed when he could. Probably a good call.

And if he's up I'm up and I really object to that. Bipolar needs consistent sleep or we start "moving'. One reason I think people with severe variants of the illness should not have kids.

Anonymous said...

"Bipolar needs consistent sleep or we start "moving'" the point being ron consistently wakes you up in the middle of the night and no anger from you about it. Whether he loses sleep or not he is still a drunken and abusive ass most days.