Saturday, November 23, 2019

Give me Tuesday

Saturdays are always the "hard" work day, especially during the holidays.  Sam's was pretty quiet and I got all our inventory.  Ron was playing with his cell phone and accidentally sent Jack to voicemail, so Jack was forced to come inside looking for us.  I wasn't happy with Ron over that. 

Ron "was cold' and kept carrying on about it.  Jack asked me later if Ron was getting sick and I had to explain he is anemic but won't do anything about it. 

Ron also decided he didn't really want to do anything today, so he waited in the stockroom while I took care of the machines.  It was actually easier for me that way, because he wasn't bugging me every 2 minutes or using my big cart.  He did sort some change at the end of the day. 

I stocked everything, even the protein shakes in the food machine.  Someone came to me bitterly complaining we were out of sandwiches.  I explained they are extremely perishable and we literally throw our money away if we order too many.  I did have other food in there, cheese and nut trays (Sargento Balanced Breaks), protein shakes, vienna sausages.  And we buy more sandwiches per machine than the other vendor. 

I stocked it all.  Ron had neglected to empty the change buckets which caused a backup in one machine and it is down.  I can't get the change out, the repairman will have to do it.  He did sort a couple hundred dollars worth of quarters which should keep them happy for a while (we put it in the bill changer). 

But, for once, I was happy with the snack and food machines when I left.  We came home.  Ron rode in the wheelchair compartment both times we rode paratransit.  It is more work for the driver but it is better than risking a fall.  Ron is just really bad getting into or out of a vehicle lately. 

We got home, I had a snack and took my pills.  I drank some of the carrot juice.  I think I told you about that, I ordered 11 ounces and they sent me 52 because they were out.  I like carrot juice. 

I told Ron I was going to take a nap.  At this point he felt very kindly toward me and wanted to do something for me, I said just let me sleep.  I laid down with Torbie.  He leaned into his vodka bottle. 

He woke me up making racket.  I woke up to him brandishing a rolling pin (at what?!) in the kitchen surrounded by bank statements strewn all over the floor.  He had gotten into the cabinet where I keep baking supplies and financial records.  I asked him what he was doing.  He was ugly. 

We had an argument, I threw a couple of verbal rocks at him and he tried to hit me back.  He said he was leaving me, I told him to go ahead, my life would be better, etc.  Then I walked off.   He fell asleep in his wheelchair for a while and later asked me to take him back to his bed, which I did.  I didn't say anything other than ask him if he wanted me to help him into bed.  He said no.  He got in OK. 

I'm just tired and am SERIOUSLY considering faking a migraine to get out of my weekly phone call.  They want to hear "everything" but get upset when I do tell the truth.  My favorite is how she is ALWAYS excusing his bad behavior as "It's all his back, poor thing".  Like those people who tell you to feel flattered when your disabled person is lashing out at you "because they feel safe and know you will NEVER leave".  They want the happy face with the illusion they are hearing the hard times. 

I mean, imagine this conversation:
"Ron cut his hand"
"How did he do that?"
"He was drinking, went to bed, fell out and cut his hand somehow"
"Did you take him to a doctor?"
"No, he was naked, drunk, and very combative.  When he sobered up he said he didn't want a doctor either so I am treating it at home". 

What do you say to that?  But that's how my week went.  When he wasn't falling on the floor, trying to, refusing assistance, refusing to eat, etc. 

Ugh.  Anyway, I took a break from writing and gave the cats some of their hypernip.  I am confused.  The website says hypernip.  The canister says Happynip.  Whatever it is it sure got Biscuit and Torbie stoned.  It doesn't affect Baby Girl, she is the 10% that isn't responsive.  I am happy they got a good buzz.  I got an ounce which translates to a huge amount if I give them a pinch at a time.  I will be set for a while. 

Oh, and I did give Jasmine at work some of the 'nip in a baggie.  If her cat likes it I will get her a canister in my next Chewy order.  I have found something about myself lately, I really enjoy spoiling other people's pets.  I think it is so much fun to give them some Milk Bones, catnip, whatever, thinking about the happy bond as they enjoy it.  It's a harmless hobby. 

I am really trying to focus on positive things in my life, but it isn't easy.  I have discovered something I find very interesting: I prefer to work weekends.  The stores are always busy, public transit isn't great, impossible to get a cab, etc.  Go on a Tuesday (my favorite day off), easy to go to the dentist, get a cab, Walmart is quiet, I can get my groceries delivered easily, etc.  Give me Tuesday any day. 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Piss man is usual loveable self. God bless him. Just don't call you parents they probably won't even notice.

Heather Knits said...

They have a FIT if I don't call, unless I plead a migraine. But I have been on FB so I can't cry that. I will call. I will give them the truth.

When I hang up I will have a protein shake for dinner, and one of my frozen yogurt dessert bars (only 100 calories).

Anonymous said...

Your parents are so frustrating. Let them have a fit. They don't help you anyway. Just tell them you worked all day, did your work and Ron's, and don't feel like recounting your week.

If they want to know, they can read your blog. I don't know you and I live thousands of miles away, but I know how your week was.

Anonymous said...

Can't you ever put yourself first? Just once? Your parents have no trouble rescheduling your weekly phone call. Why can't you? If you don't feel like talking don't call.

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't want to beat the crap out of their bank statements with a rolling pin?

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I almost peed myself laughing at that.

"
Who doesn't want to beat the crap out of their bank statements with a rolling pin?

Heather Knits said...

My stepmother once told me my blog was basically "too awful and real". It shows my life in real detail and some can't handle that, especially people who lie to themselves about how they were to me and what a great thing they did throwing me at Ron when I was underage. It clearly and starkly shows the abuse, etc. and the damage done to me as a result. So it is "too much" for her.

I bet it is. Once I realized she would never read it I started talking a little more about her role in my life.

I don't hate her. If anything I feel sorry for her. I am going to talk to them about NOT doing the call on Saturday anymore as "It doesn't seem to work for you, either". I will them remind them I do a full shift of heavy manual labor Saturdays + caregiving, housework, and pet care, and most Saturdays I just want to go to bed early.