Sunday, November 10, 2019

Fish food

I got my shower around 4 PM and will be able to skip my morning shower tomorrow. 

I am considering a Walmart order for delivery - the weather will be pretty miserable with a cold front.  There are some things I can use. 

For instance, I would like to "try" the cats on Iams chicken.  Everything I read about male cats, struvite, and FLUTD says FISH IS BAD for male cats.. it makes stones.  So I may eliminate all "fish food".  That would be less stress on me if Biscuit accidentally ate some, as his own food is chicken based.  I would save Spotty, Biscuit's pain and trauma and just prevent it altogether.  If I just had the 2 males I would probably just feed them both the special formula. 

I have figured out how to add a new food to the dry, slow incremental increase.  I was mortified when I asked for some Royal Canin for Mama and she wouldn't eat it.  This is the first time I've shared that... but mixing it with other dry foods it is 1/3 of her intake now.  Right now we are doing 1/3 meow mix, 1/3 royal canin and 1/3 meow mix kitten.  The kittens are approximately 9 months old now but still growing, so I will continue to feed some sort of kitten food until around Valentine's day.  What I would like is 1/3 Iams, 1/3 Royal Canin, and 1/3 some sort of kitten food.  Does Iams have a kitten?  Let me look. 

Not from Walmart, at least not mine.  But I could get it from Chewy and I doubt it would break the bank. 

I also need some more bottled water.  Ron is a snob about tap water even though we have a filter.  I mix up his drink mix in bottled water and keep it in the fridge for him.  I also have some for delivery men, etc.  Anyway, I can use more of that. 

I have a pretty good stash of food, food.  But I plan to try some of my "new" breakfast burritos for dinner and if they are good I will order more of them. 

And I can always use litter. 

I just checked Chewy and the kitten food is very affordable, has really good reviews for sensitive stomachs - an issue with my gang.  So I will get some. 

I guess I could transition to all Iams, kitten and adult mixed together, and serve that without the Royal Canin.  I may do that, it would free up some space.  I will think about it. 

I made a lot of very drastic changes to the cats' diets the first couple months I had them and it took them a while to adjust.  So I will make any changes gradually. 

I guess I need to go eat some burritos and see if they are worth ordering.  I like their green chili burrito so I am guessing the breakfast one will be good, too. 

I got Ron into bed OK, and got him to agree to try a burrito.  I will of course let it cool down considerably before I give it to him.  I am hoping he likes it and there is some easy protein for him.  The El Monterey brand does good stuff as far as we're concerned so I am sure the burrito will be good.  Although they call it a "wrap". 

It was OK, not wonderful but certainly something I could eat.  Ron loved his. 

Ron report: he lost several things today, forgot Biscuit's name... a little hard on me but he was very sweet.  I will do a lot for him, even more if he's appreciating what I do. 

Someone I know is going to get me a referral to a neurologist for Ron. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only cats that should be eating kitten food are spot and Cleo. The kittens. The other, obese adult cats should not as it is way too many calories and they don’t need any more. How about. All Iams kitten for the kittens, Royal Canin for biscuit (his formula?) and Iams adult for the others. Don’t mix it.

Heather Knits said...

It's like a frenzy at feeding time, I do well to keep Biscuit out of the standard food and on his own. Other cats are trying to eat Biscuit's food...they are all eating each others...it is pretty hectic. I tried to have "this is your food" and it didn't work, the appointed cat wandered off in search of someone else's dry, or the wet food... so I mix it and figure everyone is getting at least some of what they need. I feed wet (with probiotics) at least 2x a day, and then dry food for snacking (I will give it if they beg, but I can't leave it out due to Biscuit). The kittens ARE 9 months so not super worried about their nutrition.

Biscuit does the prescription adult formula from Royal Canin "Urinary S/0" I get it from Chewy which works very well.

I was just thinking this morning I should make a feeding the cats video. I may just do it, now. Once I clean the floor.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn’t include kitten food at all then. It adds calories the obese cats don’t need