Monday, November 4, 2019

Monday night

Well, I got Ron to eat half a hamburger, got out of bed and sat in the wheelchair for a while, everything's good until it's time to go back to bed. 

I had placed a pizza delivery for me. 

He approaches the bed.  He has this odd thing where he faces the bed, puts his knee on the mattress, gets in that way.  It doesn't always work and it didn't this time. 

I have asked him why he doesn't just turn around and sit in the bed and he says that is "harder".  So he fell out of bed again, I managed to control his descent but he landed on the floor (!). 

I helped him get up and into bed again but the whole time I was thinking "Mr Pizza Delivery Man, please don't ring my doorbell!" 

He came after I got Ron settled.  Now I am off to eat my dinner. 

That was good, I gave the cats their dinner as well (with probiotics on top). 

Tomorrow I see the dentist for follow up on the root canal. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't try to catch someone who is falling. My friend worked in a nursing home and screwed her back up doing that. She has lifetime pain. Just let him fall and help him back up.

Heather Knits said...

I got his good arm and slowed the descent but I didn't get between him and the floor! Ouch!

I learned my lesson about catching things a few years back when I grabbed at a falling case of water, sprained my finger, lucky I didn't break it.

It is hard to overcome the catch reflex, though.