Thursday, November 14, 2019

Thursday afternoon

I took a nap with Biscuit and Cleo.  Who would have thought she would sleep with me, a few months ago?  I had a pretty good nap but did wake up with a headache.  I got online for a while until the pharmacy texted me the prescription was ready. 

I got ready and called Arturo, who regretfully told me he couldn't do it.  I hung up and called Alex, who was more than happy to get me.  I didn't know until later, but he waited after he dropped me. 

I went in, got Ron's prescription, first aid supplies for cleaning him up, etc.  I didn't get much.  I paid and went to McDonald's.  I found the secret to ordering Cleo's burger: "A double hamburger, plain".  I called Alex when the food was ready and that's when he told me he was outside. 

He was very happy to get a burger and I teased him about it, saying I was going to pay him in burgers.  We came home, I gave Ron his burger and antibiotic, then helped him back to bed.  He was very good natured and agreed to take his pants off before he got into bed (they are black, and cat hair!). 

I also made a deposit today so I have a little spending money but not much.  I blew most of it on Biscuit, when I got home and put my stuff away I bought another bag of his formula on Chewy ($70).  I also got a high sided litter box for the computer room doorway.  There is a need and I will leave it at that.  More probiotics.  And of course the Iams for the other 5. 

They all like Iams and tolerate it well so I am switching, gradually, very gradually. 

Ron is in bed and happy, I made my cat food order.  I am happy.  I should get it probably by Monday at the latest. 

Tomorrow we just go to the bank and I get formally paid.  I borrowed today's money from my emergency fund because I don't want to shop after payday.  So tomorrow I pay back my savings and have a little cash in my pocket.  I also need to pay another $100 on the credit card. 

I have thought about getting a care credit because I don't have my own line of credit.  That way I can build a good history.  I am still thinking about it. 

I just need to count the $1 bills so we don't get ripped off.  Ron made the point the bank counts it anyway, why not just hand it over and ask them to tell us? 

BECAUSE one day a "new" teller did our transaction and shorted us.  I knew because I had counted it myself and I called her on it, it was a big scene at the bank and they reviewed the footage and later gave us a credit back for what she stole.  But she would have got away with it if I hadn't known the total. 

Now 99% of the tellers are very honest, reliable, and hard working, but there is the one now and then.  $13 an hour is not something to laugh at.  Plus if you get caught stealing now you have a scarlet letter on your record.  So I always count, even at my own bank when I deposit $20's. 

And speaking of I had better get to it. 

No comments: