Saturday, October 7, 2023

Yes I bought 105 Snickers bars and I don't regret it

 So today was mostly fun.  

I counted my birthday money, I had been putting it in one part of my wallet, and I had about twice what I thought I did, it was cooler and mild today, so I said to myself I'm going to pull the trigger.  Nothing will make me happier than spending this money - some of it - on candy.  

But first I had to get to the bus stop. I took my hand cart and was trundling down the road when all of a sudden I heard vicious barking at the vacant lot near the bus stop, this huge husky/shepherd mix was snarling and barking at me.  I had to get down the road past the dog to get to the bus stop.  

I wasn't walking on the dog's side of the street anymore, no way.  I would for sure get bitten.  I took a minute to kick myself for forgetting my stun gun, again!  I decided to cross the street and head toward the bus stop on the side of the street away from the dog and see how that went.  The dog stopped barking the minute I crossed so thank you Jesus for that.  Could have done a lot of damage, it was a huge dog at least 100 pounds. It did not follow me to the bus stop, either, which is a good thing as I ended up waiting about 20 minutes. 

I got to the transit center and they had 2 transit police cars there and a supervisor on site. Two buses were sidelined each had some passenger on board having a mental breakdown. One of them it took over an hour to get her off the bus. 

"She made me ashamed to be black" one man told me at the bus stop later.  Wow.  

I managed to sneak each of the drivers a bag of candy and got on my bus to the Food Max. I got my sausage - I got some Green Onion this time, in addition to the Mild.  I told everyone on the bus each way how wonderful it was like some sort of Sausage Evangelist. I get very excited about good sausage.  I can't say no to sausage.  

I didn't take long at the store.  The only bad thing the way they worked the bus stops I have to walk a bit to get to the stop that takes me back to the transit center. I got to pass 2 gangs, one was black and one was latino.  The sidewalk was cracked and muddy, it looked like some pipes were leaking underground, and at one point there was a very bad smell of sewer gas.  But the Bo Jackson sausage is that good that I will go through this for it.  

I got back to the transit center and they were mopping up. My next bus driver was very chatty and seemed to know me but I didn't recognize him.  He was tall, thin, had very long dreadlocks, wore a mask.  He said the company is making them take "de-escalation" classes to deal with the mentally ill passengers.  

I still think the government should blood test everyone getting disability for bipolar disorder to ensure they are taking their meds.  It would be random, one fail you lose your benefits for 6 months two fails you lose it permanently.  Everyone would take their meds, then.  It is ridiculous to pay someone to run around and cause trouble with no repercussions "because they are sick" and if you know my label you know this comes from a place of truth. 

So we talked a little, he doesn't eat beef or pork I guess chicken only and maybe seafood?  We didn't get around to that.  He said his niece is a vegan and her cookies are "OK"  but I could tell he didn't like them.  I talked a lot about the sausage (LOL).  

He got me to the grocery store.  I had the money and I figured (correctly) they had the best base price on the Snickers.  They were $1.05.  Work they are $1.35 so even with the 10% discount I was better off at the local store. But they would they LET me?  Some places have not wanted me clearing the shelves.  I got the gallon of milk, the cookies (I like a Mexican cookie without a lot of sugar it is called Marinella, it is good when I have to take a headache pill or something), a big sack of pinata mix, two small bags of the "other" pinata mix, etc.  I found the manager she was standing and watching the checkout lanes.  

I asked nicely if I could please buy 100 full sized Snickers bars to hand out on Halloween.  She made me repeat myself a few times then went and looked in the stockroom.  They didn't have any in the stockroom but she said I could take them off the checkouts and buy them that way.  So I got a box and went down the checkouts and cleaned out 2, and half the stock on a third.  She went over and talked to a cashier and told me to go to that register, I was happy to do it because what cashier wants to ring up 105 candy bars?  He counted them all and verified, that took a while, then rang up all my stuff and I happily paid, then gave him a bag of candy and a Snickers bar for his trouble.  

It was still pretty mild out even if it wasn't cool anymore so I wasn't too worried about the chocolate melting.  At any rate the bus came quick.  A very odd woman dressed like a mentally ill homeless person got on when I got to my home stop I hope she did not just move in. 

I did not see the dog on my way home, but I went on the other side of the street just to be safe.  

When I got home I put everything away - the house was 75 and chocolate melts at 76, so I put the candy in the fridge.  I also put a box of baking soda in the fridge and cleaned it out. 

Cleo and Biscuit were in the bed looking very cozy, I took a nap with them.  

That's it for now!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And those 105 snickers bars are the exact reason you can off with Ron at 17.

You double down on things that aren't good for you to do no matter how many people try to advise you in the correct direction.

You know spending over a 100 on candy bars given your financial circumstances is not a smart thing to do, yet you do it anyway.

Your life sucks because of your choices. Same as when Ron was alive and he wasted hundreds of dollars a month on alcohol.

Heather Knits said...

I knew you'd come along.

See it this way, every dollar I "invest" in evangelism is going to pay eternal rewards for me. My bills are paid. I don't have a lot extra and handing this stuff out makes me very very happy even on horrible days.

Anonymous said...

Your bills are paid yet you had to tell everyone that you had to use your savings to pay for your flood insurance. If you have to access your savings for flood insurance, no your bills are not paid and you are wasting money every month you don't have to waste.

Heather Knits said...

I had the savings FOR flood insurance.

To the other comments I have been clear I don't publish stuff contradicting my faith, you can find another blog for that.

I don't think my life sucks I was very happy an hour ago lying in my nice warm bed with the cats.

Anonymous said...

"I had the savings FOR flood insurance" then why write that your aunt was upset that you used your savings to pay for the flood insurance if that was the case?

Heather Knits said...

I will answer that, I had been saving it for flood insurance I am not sure where she thought the money would come from otherwise.